Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving Vodafone PAYG and getting unused credit returned

JJCole
2: Seeker

After some 20 years as a Vodafone customer I have been forced to leave as I now live abroad and they have reinstated roaming charges. According to the web site "leaving is simple" - it isn't. Today was my 4th attempt at this, including an hour long telephone conversation to a real person. It seems that, at every turn, the system is designed to block me and make it difficult to get my money back.

The last straw came today when I tried to register my device (which I'm told is necessary). The system did recognise my name, which I know I haven't changed. It had previously sent me a code to the old number so I know it recognised that.

So, question is do I keep trying (and can anyone point me in the right direction) or should I just write off, what is a small amount, as the way Vodafone treat people who want to leave. I appreciate the system needs to be secure, but not to the point of not being able to get in to the system.

10 REPLIES 10

Brendan2466

10 mins later surprised by success attemp wife’s phone same issue

50 mins later

extra security checks

links for credit cards not need last time

2 valid cards do not work

go to shop or phone special number for immediate refund that he can’t do total crap!!