Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving Vodafone PAYG and getting unused credit returned

JJCole
2: Seeker

After some 20 years as a Vodafone customer I have been forced to leave as I now live abroad and they have reinstated roaming charges. According to the web site "leaving is simple" - it isn't. Today was my 4th attempt at this, including an hour long telephone conversation to a real person. It seems that, at every turn, the system is designed to block me and make it difficult to get my money back.

The last straw came today when I tried to register my device (which I'm told is necessary). The system did recognise my name, which I know I haven't changed. It had previously sent me a code to the old number so I know it recognised that.

So, question is do I keep trying (and can anyone point me in the right direction) or should I just write off, what is a small amount, as the way Vodafone treat people who want to leave. I appreciate the system needs to be secure, but not to the point of not being able to get in to the system.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@JJCole 

Ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams as they might be able to help.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Ive-left-Vodafone-and-still-have-credit-on-my-account. 

Or just use up the credit and your Payg account will self deactivate after 180 days + 90 days of non usage.

It's a shame to see a person leave due to the changes. 😔 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The 'Ive left' link didn't work but trying Contact, TOBi, asking to speak to a person, then getting onto the right team (PAYG in my case) and supplying topup security info did the trick.  Waiting on text conformation in 2 days and refund in 3-5 days.

Was told my money would be refunded many times by many people but they just do not give it to you.

corporate theft so voted with my feet to a more responsible company.

I'm trying to get the credit because I've already left, it's not available beforehand.  But I have kept a transcript of the conversation, as well as the text received on submitting the PAC request that said it was available.  If nothing happens it'll be Small Claims Court.

Received a text yesterday saying they had been trying to contact me re the refund and to phone an 03333 number.  This morning get an email saying the same thing.  Phoned, very pleasant person, went through security and the card it is to be refunded to, said it should be there 3 to 5 days - we'll see.

Correct amount credited today.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated on this @PaulH2016. It's great to hear your unused credit's been refunded.

JJCole

Yes I have seen that page, but it's the actual process that's the problem. You have to be registered - I could not get this done as it didn't recognise the my name in regard to the phone number.

I haven't cancelled anything so it should, you'd think, remember my name and allow me to register. To be honest, the value is hardly worth the time, but that's probably the point.

As I'm retired, I can put time to getting it sorted.

Brendan2466

It’s appalling

my phone

called all going well then told system slow so go into voda shop.

go to shop cannot do no refunds on closed account

go on community link use link provided with chat box 10 mins later get refund processed ok and chat number.