Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay As You Go1- Being charged £1?

Hiking2022
2: Seeker

In the past two days at exactly 20:23 I've received the text from Vodafone telling me I've now got unlimted text, calls... for the rest of the day, and i've had £1 deducted from my account. I've sent no texts, called nobody and had data switched off. This has happened before. Does anyone know the reason?

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @Hiking2022 there were some issues with PAYG 1 last year.

Speak to the Social Team though social channels here: Contact Us they will have the necessary account access and will be able to get this investigated and make sure you get your credit refunded.

edited to add: Contacting the Social Team will get this fully investigated to make sure it doesn't happen again, this won't be done by Customer Services.

You can also raise a complaint here: Complaints 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Hiking2022 

Unfortunately your not alone with this which looks to be some form of system glitch.

There was a recent thread a few days ago and also quite a few threads on the Vodafone forum a number of months ago about the exact same issue. 

If you can please speak with customer service on 191 or Live chat about this as they can access your account to check on activity and if found that they shouldn't have deducted the funds then they'll return it to your account credit.

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hiking2022

Over the past few days i have been charged £1 each day from my PAYG 1 balance. I contacted a customer service agent who found out that 0.8333 mb exactly has been used at the same time on each of these days, despite my mobile data always being turned off. Does anyone know if this is a problem with my phone or with Vodafone? Has anyone had a similar experience? I would appreciate any help.

AnnS

@Hiking2022 

Please follow my reply above and contact the Social Team for account access, this needs to be fully investigated by Vodafone to find the reason you are being charged for a small amount of data when you have mobile data turned off and have not made any outgoing calls or sent any texts messages.

When the Team have your details they will be back to you and will be able to prevent this from happening on a daily basis and also make sure you are reimbursed.

edited to add:  don't forget the link to the thread, or include your forum user name, the last thing you need is to start repeating yourself.

Hey @Hiking2022 I hope you're doing well 😊

I know how concerning this will be and I want to assure you that we are looking into this. Please follow the advice given by @AnnS and drop our Social Media team a message so we can monitor this on your account. The team can also make sure that the funds are credited back to you if it is found that there is a problem with the data tracking on our side 🙂

dmanta
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It is possible that you had mobile data on and some application went on-line even without you knowledge. Next time it happens, check out your data allowance. If you have less than 50 mb, this is the reason why you were charged.

What you can do for preventing being scammed by Vodafone again, is disabling mobile data until you need to use it