Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost SIM

davidfaulkner
4: Newbie

Hello,

My Nan has lost her PAYG SIM and I'm trying to organise a replacement for her. Live Chat isn't available, and the online form says it cannot match her details to the SIM. Is anyone able to help please?

Thanks, David

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @davidfaulkner 

Providing the SIM is registered to an online account, there shouldn't be any problem matching your Nan's number, if the number is unregistered it will be ownerless.

Your Nan will need a plain blank numberless PAYG SIM, to get the SIM ordered this will mean persevering with live chat to pass data protection security. just keep the window open, with the current difficult situation they are probably extra busy and when an advisor is available you will get a connection.  When the SIM is received follow this link: Replacement SIM cards 

Hopefully, stores will be open next week and visiting a store will get a new SIM for your Nan and it will be activated within the hour, probably sooner.

You can also speak to the Social Team on this link but it would be worth mentioning you will need to have full authority over the acount, Vodafone are very data protection aware.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your reply it's really helpful. I don't think the SIM is registered to be honest. She's not particularly wedded to the number, however she's received WhatsApp pictures from the family and doesn't want to lose them as she's transferring phone and won't have the same number.

I was hoping they could call my Nan on her landline to verify her identity, however she's 81 and not very technical so she won't easily be able to call Vodafone directly.

Perhaps going into store is the best option then? Although I'm a bit worried about bringing her out due to Covid.

Thanks, David 

AnnS

Hi @davidfaulkner 

If the number is not registered going to a store won't help and definitely not advisable to take your Nan into a busy place and since the number is unregistered it won't make any difference who makes the request.

This is going to be a problem, if you have a Twitter or Facebook account definitely ask the Social Team this question, they will be the Team to give the best advise.

@davidfaulkner 

I have been trying to think of the best solution for your Nan and if the lovely lady has to have a new number, perhaps this will help. If she gets a new number she should still have the same App on the phone.

How to change your phone number WhatsApp 

Definitely worth registering the number here:  My Vodafone 

BandOfBrothers

Live chat is available 24/7 so please leave the page open on Live Chat and an agent will connect when available.

Customer services on 191 can help too.

They will all only deal with the account holder however @davidfaulkner 

So will a Vodafone Highstreet Store who'll need photo ID as well as the account holder present.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.