cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Me Too.....Being charged with Data switched off....

draldavies
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I too have just been charged for NOT answering a scam call from an unknown 020 number at 11:39 today,6/2/21....I never answer these scam calls, I am a retired house bound 68 year old woman, yet I was charged by Vodaphone immediately ( Got the txt this morning telling me I had been given unltd mins and txts, and 50MB of data...... ), despite having all data access disabled on my phone. ....and I had ignored the call..... The ping of the txt arrived a few seconds after the scam call... I have sent a message to the Facebook support link and am waiting for an explanation..........I don't like this at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all! We've identified that there was an issue where voicemails were being recognised as outgoing calls and therefore triggering the £1 charge, which has now been resolved. I appreciate that you have all been very patient with us while we investigated. If you have been effected by the 'voicemail trigger', please contact us on social media so that we can assist with getting this rectified 😊

View solution in original position

50 REPLIES 50

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I completely understand where you are all coming from - I can assure you that if we become aware of any issues with charges or services in general it will be resolved as soon as possible. There is a process we need to follow and that starts with contacting us on social media 👍 We keep records of all examples we get and they can be used to raise the issue.

@muff13 If you're also having issues with your Vodafone service in terms of signal, I would advise to have a look through some of our network threads 😊

Well....I did go back to Facebook support and was advised to stay in Airplane mode .....which I do now overnight and in the morning until 9:30 am. So far, no more early morning scam calls stealing my credit......but what a palaver......

.....This can't be right ? How can we know if it actually IS being sorted out ?

Can we trust Vodaphone to fix this? .....I seem to have hit a brick wall.........

It is, I think, rediculous if we have to keep our phones in aeroplane mode to stop this£1 daily charge for using 0.01MB of data which appears to trigger the charge but without any data being used knowingly. I fear my days on PAYG1 are limited unless this is sorted out. As far as I can tell, Vodafone will not admit that there is any problem and it's up to us, as users, to have most functions of our phones turned off to stop paying them £1 daily for non usage of data, texts or phone calls. I am not a happy person at present. 😡😡

Oh ...so we PAYG customers can now expect to pay up to £31 a month for Vodafone allowing us to use their network? I ,too, will change supplier... but have no confidence in the unlocking process after reading the problems highlighted by the forum!

Have a look at Lebara. I just moved there in reaction to Vodafone's new "and improved" terms and conditions. Doesn't seem that they want PAYG customers any more.

An update......I had another scam call on my phone today which I ignored....But I was NOT charged £1 for not answering it as I had been before.

My credit seems intact so far ( 'though still £2 down since the week of Feb13 when it was being syphoned off by Vodaphone wrongly. )

I see on Twitter that a number of PAYG customers were were complaining of the same error around Feb13.

But none since.

Does this mean that the problem has been sorted? Will Vodaphone admit it was an error and refund me?

I was just given the runaround before..........

Did you get the refund? I too think the problem may have been fixed but no contact from Vodafone to explain that or even to admit liability. Happy usage!!! 

@Bud

You imply that there are now now charges when you phone is on and, I assume has data connected. Can you, or anyone, tell me if this problem has been fixed as I am frightened to turn my phone,  except in aeroplane mode, on incase I incur the £1 charge. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes, Vodafone do seem to have fixed the problem.   It would have been courteous for Vodafone to let customers know.

My Husband received the charging text since the day of the change just for turning on the phone to use the calculator or check for any incoming text messages.  At least now I don't have to hear him mention yet another charge from Vodafone just for turning on his phone.

Don't know if Vodafone are planning on identifying PAYG 1 customers who have lost money. 

It does indeed look as if this problem has been fixed. My wife just rebooted her phone. Any time she has done that since the PAYG criteria changed she has been charged £1. This time she hasnt. Good that it is fixed. Bad that Vodafone hasnt acknowledged their mistake and remibursed those who are out of pocket (£14 in our case).