cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Me Too.....Being charged with Data switched off....

draldavies
3: Seeker

Hello, I too have just been charged for NOT answering a scam call from an unknown 020 number at 11:39 today,6/2/21....I never answer these scam calls, I am a retired house bound 68 year old woman, yet I was charged by Vodaphone immediately ( Got the txt this morning telling me I had been given unltd mins and txts, and 50MB of data...... ), despite having all data access disabled on my phone. ....and I had ignored the call..... The ping of the txt arrived a few seconds after the scam call... I have sent a message to the Facebook support link and am waiting for an explanation..........I don't like this at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all! We've identified that there was an issue where voicemails were being recognised as outgoing calls and therefore triggering the £1 charge, which has now been resolved. I appreciate that you have all been very patient with us while we investigated. If you have been effected by the 'voicemail trigger', please contact us on social media so that we can assist with getting this rectified 😊

View solution in original position

50 REPLIES 50

draldavies

I have been instructed to switch off my Data on the phone which of course was already switched off under all individual apps and settings. It's a mystery to me as I never leave the house and I have full  fibre wifi, with a good signal all over my smallish house.

So no help there so far. Is it still happening to others?

You can switch data off or in my case PHONE OFF at night, wake up the next day and still lose a £1 ...and someone is going to tell me i texted, called and used data while im ASLEEP???  I hope a big Fine is heading their way. Is like youre being forced to spend money. 

Here I go again! A different 0800 number has triggered a debit of £1 from my account This is the 4th time now and Vodafone can still not fix the issue!!!!

I have contacted Vodafone yet again and await another reply. It looks like a complaint to Ofcom is next!

I think I shall complain to Ofcom too ....I have just had the brushoff from the Facebook 'help' chat. 

It seems she didn't help me and just told me to upgrade.....unfortunately as this is not the first time that Vodaphone have removed money from my account without cause, I am more likely to change to another company.

Is it their policy now to discourage PayasYG customers?

This was Vodaphone's explanation:

" Okay so this is a new policy that we have updated with our Pay as you Go customers where as a standard, you will be charged £1 a day for any use of the phone during a day, however if there is a day where you don't use your phone, you won't be charged. If you even receive a call or text, this connects your number to the network for that day and goes down as usage, hence charging you the daily £1 fee.

You do have other options however if you wish to switch to another package, it may be worth speaking with our Sales & Upgrades Team who will be able to discuss what other available Pay as you go tariffs we have available which may be more suitable for you, you can get them on webchat or give them a call .

If there's anything else we can help advise you on please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help!"

She then signed off and ignored my further query.......sigh

Update.......She eventually returned to me and suggested I turn WiFi-Calling off and absolutely all data on all apps....

So I'll give that another go and see what happens....no refund for me though.

I have looked at the  "Purchase History" on my PAYG phone where I'm having problems with one pound being deducted for usage which I haven't used. Check your purchase history. Every single event of this nature from the 23rd of January 2021 has exactly the same time 00.26. Often two on the same day.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all - Thank you for posting here and for the suggestions shared by users. I appreciate how worrying it must be seeing charges you don't expect to get.
I encourage you to contact us on social media about any charges you get that seem incorrect as we need to do account checks and troubleshooting to see what would be causing the charge. I appreciate some of you have already done this but the more examples we get, the better chance we have to identify if there is an issue.

I believe we have all done that repeatedly but seem to be being told to just ' put up with it ' as....

' it is what it is....'

No one in support seems to understand the problem.....

Meanwhile money is just draining from our credit ,  out of our control.......

Hope I agree, 3:seeker. I was told that money had not been removed from my account as there was no data usage the day I was charged for receiving an unanswered call. That was despite the £1 having been debited. I despair and fear this will not get sorted and we will continually be charged for non usage. Sadly I have a fair amount of credit in my account which I'm loath to lose, else I'd be switching. Particularly as I don't get a signal in my house from Vodafone but can now get 4g from EE.