Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving number to Pay as you Go (PAC)

thisnameistaken
3: Seeker

Hi, I have ordered a Blank Free PAYG SIM from Vodafone and plan on adding credit to get a big value bundle later this month. However, I want to move my number from another network to Vodafone.  Should I move my number and then add credit to buy the big value bundle or add credit to buy the big value bundle and then move my number, or would it not matter which order I would do it in?

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there @thisnameistaken. The referral only works for eligible plan, so this would explain why there isn't a free option. Once you have the SIM card and know your temporary number, you can then fill out the Keep my number form here before your PAC expires. This will bring your number over for your current network 👍  

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @thisnameistaken 

Move your number and then set up your online account and add the credit otherwise the credit and bundle will be with the previous number you were using prior to porting.

Further information here: Getting Started 

Hi @AnnS  

Just to confirm, would I would use the online form to move my number to the Vodafone SIM in place of the temporary number of the SIM, insert the SIM into the phone then setup my account and add credit?

Also would it be too late for someone to refer me using their link to Vodafone as I already have a Blank SIM?

Many Thanks

AnnS

Hi @thisnameistaken 

Just getting some confirmation on this for you and will return to the thread soon.

@thisnameistaken 

When ordering the SIM you would need to use your friends referral code, you won't be able to claim the voucher if you already have a free SIM.

thisnameistaken

Hi,

I would like to sign up to Vodafone PAYG using a referral link but want to move a number from another network as well. When I try buying the bundle through the referral link, I don’t see an option to move my number from a network using PAC. Is it possible to move my number from another network when using referral link and if so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in Advance 

AnnS

Hi @thisnameistaken 

Further to your thread, I have had clarification on this from Vodafone.

You order the free SIM using the referral link from your friend otherwise you wouldn't be eligible for the voucher.  When you receive the SIM it is recommended to activate the SIM and register your online account with the number that comes with the SIM.  As the credit and bundle will be with the temporary number before porting in, don't top up until the number moves.  

When the number ports over the account will show your ported number leaving you free to add the credit and enjoy the Big Value Bundle.

Hope that helps.

Hi @AnnS,

Thank you for the clarification. I’m trying to order Free SIM using the referral link but see no free sim option, it would only let me order SIM with a bundle. Could you advise on how to order the Free SIM with the referral link? 

Many Thanks

AnnS

Oh dear @thisnameistaken not having much luck here are we, that was the answer I received from Vodafone.

Looks like you have to purchase the SIM with a 30 day bundle, let that expire and then move the number.  At least you will receive the voucher quickly but have an annoying 30 day wait before being able to PAC in your number.

Give the Team time to get to the thread, they may have a better answer but the reply I gave came from the same team.

Hey there @thisnameistaken. The referral only works for eligible plan, so this would explain why there isn't a free option. Once you have the SIM card and know your temporary number, you can then fill out the Keep my number form here before your PAC expires. This will bring your number over for your current network 👍  

Hi,

I have used the form to move my current number to the SIM.

Thanks to everyone for their help