Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data since I switched to Vodafone

RobT2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Weeks ago I purchased a PAYG Vodafone sim and bought a BVB. I then had my number ported across from Asda Mobile to Vodafone. I can phone and text ok but I have never been able to use mobile data whatsoever.

i have spent an enormous amount of time online with your customer support staff who although being very polite, fail to grasp the issue and can never get beyond reading through the support script that they have.

My wife’s Vodafone sim works flawlessly in my phone, but using my sim in her phone does not let me use mobile data either.

it is my opinion that the problem lies with my account.

Please can anyone from Vodafone help at all ?

17 REPLIES 17

Thanks very much for the reply. I think Deano is still looking at it for me. It is an absolute saga I must say!

Hi,

Deano hasn't managed to get back to me today, but I really need to get this sorted. 

I have established that the fault is with my account. Problem started when my old number from Asda mobile was ported over. Somehow, the data section of my profile is either, not enabled, missing or has become corrupted.

I really need a technical support person to pick this up and contact me to work towards a resolution of this issue.

Either that or a chat with someone about some form of compensation.  

Thanks for your help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RobT2 I can see we've responded to you since and have got your most recent messages 😊 We're a little busier than usual so I'm sorry for the delay! Please be assured we'll get back to you to help and make sure this is all resolved with your data query ASAP.

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Yesterday Zoe reset my account, which has worked.

However, the downside is that I have lost all the accrued data and minutes allowances that I had and the £10 I had spare on my account has also gone. I really need this putting right and reinstating. Can you help ?

Thanks

After enduring 6 weeks of being without mobile data after joining Vodafone, I finally got my account reset which resolved the problem of no data, but After the account reset All of my accrued bundle allowances have gone and the money that. I had on my account has gone.

Despite several polite requests for someone to get back to me to put this gross injustice right, no one has responded.

i

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @RobT2 

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services.  

The Vodafone Social Media Teams as well as the other support departments are busier due to these unprecedented times but that said this needs putting right.

If you feel it necessary you could raise a complaint 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

You are so right when you say that it is how things are put right when they go wrong that is the true mark of a company's integrity.

So far, I am the injured party who has had to suffer the incompetence of Vodafone not being able to supply the Mobile Data that I had paid for only to have my money stolen by your customer service team. I simply would not believe what has happened to me if someone else had told me this tale, but until I get my £10 back that was the credit on my account, I will  make sure that everybody and anybody I come across will know not to trust this fraudulent company!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RobT2 It sounds like the bundle/credit was forgotten to be reapplied, following the reconnection. If you reach out to our team again on one of the following methods, we'll gladly look to get this added back on for you!: Contact