Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

Even the mods have given up with updates they must be pretty embarrassed by the poor level of customer service. Surely they must have an escalation mechanism in place to highlight this to the highest level in Vodafone. How about it mods can you give us any hope this can be fixed.

I contacted you and yours on radio 4 consumer programme a few years ago when a lot of people could not access their rewards and spoke on the programme. It was fixed quite quickly after that.  Perhaps we should try that again. Needs lots of us to complain to them 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

There was "scheduled maintenance" overnight. As of 7.15am, my account seems to be working again.

I have more to say, the paper will singe slightly round the edges when I do so, but I thought I'd at any rate get on and share this with those of you who, like me, actually need access to the online account.

Get Real guys -

Voda is a SALES company - when it works most folks are happy because what Voda sells is good value.

However, it ends there. Youve been sold so why bother with supporting you? Call centres (none in the UK - or at least none that you can get to speak to) are either unaware of any technical problems or are not permitted to talk about anything other than assuming it's your fault and going through their fault procedures.

Will you walk?? - no just grissle...

Ombudsman - forget it  - the net result, probably because so many complain about things that 'they' can't resolve that they side with Vodafone.

The very sad thing is that when things work, it's OK and good value. All that it needs is good back office software (Oracle is so yestreday) and call centres that can speek ahd understand English.

Shame, Shame.

BTW Oracle has been falling over this morning with BSOD's (11:00 28/4/2019) and indication of it's fed up as well??

@Annie_N yes my account is finally showing my phone and account details. Unfortunately it no longer shows that I have a sure signal which means I still cannot manage or edit it thanks for advising that the accounts at least are working at last. Mods can you help to reinstate my sure signal details thanks 

Yes, no fanfare or even polite notification but my PAYG phone, at long last, appears on my account this morning.

Annie_N

@OldGoat wrote:

Voda is a SALES company.................. Youve been sold so why bother with supporting you?

Yesterday, in sheer desperation to figure out the balance on my spare (PAYG1) number, I called 2345. Of course, the details offered there didn't cast any light on why the balance was as stated, but they were very keen to sell me a Big Value Bundle instead of PAYG1. To encourage me, they assured me that last month over 500,000 BVBs had been purchased.

Even assuming that only 10% of the purchasers had had accounts long enough to have alpha-numeric numbers, that means that 50,000 of us have been put to considerable inconvenience twice in less than a year. Even if only 10% of those decide to walk away, that's still 5,000, with an average annual expenditure of at least £120. Maybe £600,000 p.a. isn't enough incentive to support us.

The recent episode has taken nearly 7 weeks to fix since first reported in this thread, and although the moderators were eventually allowed to accept that it wasn't account-based, the SOPs that require them to amass ridiculous quanities of evidence before they can escalate an obvious problem, are part of a "the customer's always wrong" ethos which must be enormously damaging to the company. Just imagine how good they could be if they matched the quality of the product with some high-quality customer service.

After well over 20 years as a Vodafone customer, I'm finally off. A short while to run down my balances, then I'll PAC my numbers elsewhere - although the Vodafone signal here is the best of a poor bunch, the other providers have upped their game in the last few years, so I won't be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Mine is also working today. At last.

@OldGoat wrote:

Get Real guys -

Voda is a SALES company - when it works most folks are happy because what Voda sells is good value.

However, it ends there. Youve been sold so why bother with supporting you? Call centres (none in the UK - or at least none that you can get to speak to) are either unaware of any technical problems or are not permitted to talk about anything other than assuming it's your fault and going through their fault procedures.

Will you walk?? - no just grissle...

Ombudsman - forget it  - the net result, probably because so many complain about things that 'they' can't resolve that they side with Vodafone.

The very sad thing is that when things work, it's OK and good value. All that it needs is good back office software (Oracle is so yestreday) and call centres that can speek ahd understand English.

Shame, Shame.

BTW Oracle has been falling over this morning with BSOD's (11:00 28/4/2019) and indication of it's fed up as well??

I think you'll find that a large part of Vodafone's income is from repetitive usage and upgrades - that's what the last company accounts indicate. Whilst they are a sales company new sales are a relatively small part of the operation. Yes, individuals will fall foul of their operations from time to time but to suggest that PAYG is not important is a fallacy. To also imply that not bothering to support sold products is also questionable.

Yes, people will walk and have done and will continue to do so. If comparison to other companies, Vodafone ranks as the worst customer service according to the latest Which report.

There is no ombudsman that resolves disputes now only accredited resolution agencies - I think that to imply they are in league with the telcos is probably not true?

Anyway the issue is fixed now - Wait another few months for the next one!

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm pleased to hear you're all able to access your online accounts, I really appreciate your patience whilst our dedicated team have been investigating into this to get a fix. If there's anything further I'm able to assist you with, don't hesitate to pop me a message.