Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG no bundle

Harry108
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi :Smiling:

Trying to get my Grandpa sorted with his phone. I put him a bundle for 30 days but he really doesnt need it.

Is it possible to just top up say £5 and that lasts until credit runs out? if so i cant see an option for this,

Thanks for any help

Harry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Harry108 

I am sure £5.00 is the minimum top up, it's will also be in increments of £5.00. You won't be able to top up £3 or £4.

Just remember it's £1.00 per day when there is a outgoing activity and £5.00 won't go far, just make sure your grandpa has mobile data turned off with WiFi on.  Apart from that top up credit does not expire and stays for as long as you want it, just keep the SIM active with a credit or outgoing activity every few months.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

Hi @Harry108 

PAYG 1 may be suitable, scroll down to FAQ'S here Vodafone PAYG. but it may work out a lot cheaper on a monthly basis to have a bundle.

Just make sure your Granddad has mobile data turned off and wifi on, if the phone connects to the internet Vodafone will deduct £1.00 from his balance.

It is well worth your Grandad setting up an online account and downloading the My Vodafone Application from here: Getting Started this will help him keep track of his remaining balance, if you are only going to add a small top up, at £1.00 per day for when the phone is used for an outgoing activity, this will quickly be used.  See here: Top Up 

edited to add: @Harry108 I notice you asked a similar question here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Charges-when-10-bundle-is-finished/m-p/2686213

BandOfBrothers

Going forward it may also be worth looking at what voxi offer who are owned by Vodafone @Harry108 

Voxi Plans. 

Vodafone PAYG1 can get expensive which is £1 a day once some activity is logged on the account.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you :Smiling:

Thank you :Smiling:

Please can I ask...

If I top up say just £4 does that expire  or it stays until it's used up?

I suggested bundle but he only used it for an emergency call.

AnnS

Hi @Harry108 

I am sure £5.00 is the minimum top up, it's will also be in increments of £5.00. You won't be able to top up £3 or £4.

Just remember it's £1.00 per day when there is a outgoing activity and £5.00 won't go far, just make sure your grandpa has mobile data turned off with WiFi on.  Apart from that top up credit does not expire and stays for as long as you want it, just keep the SIM active with a credit or outgoing activity every few months.

Hi :Smiling:

My Grandpa is adamant he doesn't want a bundle or any package. He simply asked me to top up his phone with £3 credit for an emergency call if needed. 

Question

If I top up say £3 does this amount expire or it stays as the balance until used?

Many thanks for any help and to the people who answers my previous question.

BandOfBrothers

The top up credit just sits on the account.

However if no activity such as a call or text or data use or top up is made within 180 days then the account can be suspended and credit lost @Harry108 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.