cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go top up erased from credit balance.

Annoyed-123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I topped up a new SIM card for the first time yesterday.

I received an instant notification from bank that Vodafone took the money and that is now showing as debited on bank account.

At exactly the same time, I received an sms from Vodafone confirming the top up and my new balance as £15.

great so far, except….

I then got a 2nd text from Vodafone with a couple of seconds stating that my balance is low and I need to top up.

when I now go into the Vodafone app it states my balance as zero.

I basically have lost £15 and have to now spend my precious time trying to recover this amount.

ridiculous.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The credit you added for the first time would have been taken for a Big Value Bundle @Annoyed-123 .  Vodafone do mention on this link PAYG if you would prefer to choose a bundle later just top up and they will do the rest.  Obviously, as a new customer unless you looked at the information you wouldn't have known this.

If you don't want a bundle the trick is to opt out before topping up by calling 2345 from your phone. If you have set up an online account or have the Application you can also opt out from there.  

If you don't want the bundle and would prefer to be on PAYG 1, live chat or Customer Services should be able to help.  There is also the Social Team here: Contact Us 

Thanks, except it hasn’t.

I wanted the bundle and fully expected to be activated when I topped up.

instead I have zero credit and my plan states I have pay as you go 1 (which costs £1/day although I have no credit apparently)

AnnS

Yes @Annoyed-123 , the bundle will activate at midnight tonight and ready for use tomorrow morning.

I would have a word with Vodafone, they will be able to activate the bundle manually for immediate use something they are quite capable of doing , so don't take no for an answer.

Thanks. Any idea how I speak to them about this?

I’ve tried calling 2345 but there doesn’t seem to be an option to speak to anyone.