Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go

derekc2309
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I purchased a £10 Vodaphone voucher to use on a very small smartphone that I am using as a remote control for my hearing aids.

I want it solely for the possibility of using the phone occasionally when I am out – this could be once in a few months.

I was surprised to receive a text informing me that the PAYG had been converted to a 30 day bundle.  I did not ask for this!

I have tried to change this back online, but I’m not sure that I’ve been successful as my ‘My Vodaphone’ account gives ‘21 gb left and resets in 28 days with unlimited mins and text’.

I think I am after Pay as you go 1.

I am posting here as I have tried every way that I can to contact Vodafone.  The phone line told me that they couldn't answer my question and the Tobi chat told me to contact the fraud department!

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @derekc2309 , The trick is to opt out of a bundle here How do I remove my Big Value Bundle?  before adding the credit, otherwise Vodafone automatically convert credit into a BVB, this is mentioned on the Big Value Bundle link here PAYG Big Value Bundles 

If Vodafone have added the bundle let it run it's 30 day course,  as soon as you opt out, Vodafone will immediately switch the tariff to PAYG 1 and you will lose what remains of the bundle.

When you use the data on the phone even for a small amount, this will be classed as outgoing and you will be charged £1.00, you may find the bundle a cheaper option.  Otherwise, just make sure your mobile data is off and WiFi on and your credit should last as long as you need it.  Providing you keep the SIM active with some chargeable activity this will keep the SIM active and connected to the network.

Thanks for very prompt reply.

Are you suggesting that I opt out nearer the time, rather than now?

Derek

AnnS

Definitely @derekc2309 otherwise you will lose what remains of the bundle. To be on the safe side make sure you are on PAYG 1 before adding credit. 

Thanks

I'm not sure that I follow.  I put the £10 on to use when or if necessary.  Can I not just switch to Pay as you go 1 now with that £10 intact?

Derek

AnnS

The third paragraph of your opening post @derekc2309 you mentioned you were surprised to receive a text notifying you that the £10.00 had been converted into a bundle.  If that is correct and you now have a £10.00 30 day BVB in place of the credit, to receive maximum benefit from the bundle don't opt out until day 30, you mentioned you had 28 days left.

If you haven't added the bundle as you mentioned you had, opt out before adding the credit, otherwise Vodafone will immediately convert the credit to a BVB.

I hope that is clear now.