cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Received a text 'Wifi calling' is enabled, but didn't enable it.

Cosmos
4: Newbie

Hi,

A relative of mine got a text message saying 'Thank you for enquiring about WiFi calling...'. But he hadn't made any enquiry.

Then a few mins later he got another text saying 'WiFi calling is now enabled...'. But again he hadn't done anything.

So has his account been hacked, or is there some other explanation?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unless things have recently changed @Cosmos Calling Over Wi-Fi is only available to Pay Monthly and Business customers on eligible phone's and tariffs.

Terms-and-Conditions/consumer/network-and-coverage/vodafone-wi-fi-calling. 

“ Who can get Wi-Fi Calling?

6. This is only available to our Pay monthly customers and business customers on Red Bundles, Red Value Bundles and Red+, and business customers on Business Premier.

Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

It's not available to Payg. ( You have posted in the PAYG Section )

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check if any communication has been sent.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That's even stranger then, he is definitely on PAYG1. I suppose it makes it more likely its an error in Vodafone's system rather than a hack.

I'll ask him to talk to customer services tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.

BandOfBrothers

No worries @Cosmos 

Would you let us know how he gets on please.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Will do.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Would you let us know how he gets on please.

So he found time to ring customer services today. They told him that they are adding WiFi calling to their PAYG service, and the message was sent out when it was enabled on his account.