main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Retrieving an old mobile number, how to go about it?

2: Seeker

Hi would you be able to help me revive a mobile number that was recently in use but has been disengaged by vodaphone because I haven’t made a call within three months 

would appreciate your help 

View more options

@Kingkong123 We'll be happy to help you retrieve this number in question. Please send us your details following the steps I've detailed in this private message, we'll check the number is retrievable and reconnect if necessary.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi - I have the exact same problem. The number was originally with Vodafone (I’m a former Vodafone employee), then moved to O2 and finally to Three. I closed the contract almost 2 years ago, and it looks like the number has gone back to Vodafone. I’d love to retrieve it, if possible?

View more options

Hi @alessandrov when you left us, you should have requested a PAC to take your number with you. If this wasn't the case, as you're no longer with us, we won't be able to get the old number back for you I'm afraid. 

View more options

Thanks @adam . I left Vodafone in 2007, moved the number to O2, then moved it again to 3 in 2015, and finally cancelled my 3 contract in 2017. Would the number be back with the original issuer, or with 3?

View more options

@alessandrov It would depend on how quickly the number was reused (if it has been). It would still apply that we wouldn't be able to get the number back. It may just be worth contacting your current provider to check. 

View more options

I have the same problem. I have a mobile number which I've had for 19 years but has been put into quarantine (and according to someone in the vodafone shop, can no longer be retrieved). Please can someone from Vodafone community assist with retrivieving the number. 

View more options

@oli22shots - That certainly is a long time! We can take a look and see if it’s still available to be reactivated.

So we can do this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Sorry to latch on to an old thread but I too need to recover an old number, or at least find out if it's possible. Please help!

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

@Blah123 If the number hasn't been recycled and is still available, we can try and get it back for you although as I'm sure you can understand, we wouldn't be able to make any promises! Pop us your details over using the link in my private message and we'll give it a go πŸ˜Š 

View more options

Hi Alex,

I've just (end of October) lost my mobile number as it was on Vodafone PAYG and it got terminated through lack of use. I would really like to keep this number if at all possible; can you help please?

Cheers,

Mark

View more options
Administrator

@sherbey We can have a look for you πŸ˜Š Please get in touch using the link in my private message and we'll be in contact.

View more options

Hi,

I have a Vodafone contract throgh my employer and want to transfer the phone number to my name under payg and get a new number for the company phone (keeping the business contract). I have been advised that this might not be possible, that I can only transfer the existing number either cancelling the contract or moving the contract to my name (I just want the number). They said that I could get a new number in the corporate contract but my existing number would be gone. If I do that, would it be possible to get that number afterwards for payg?

Thanks

Alvaro

View more options
17: Community Champion

@jagmail wrote:

Hi,

I have a Vodafone contract throgh my employer and want to transfer the phone number to my name under payg and get a new number for the company phone (keeping the business contract). I have been advised that this might not be possible, that I can only transfer the existing number either cancelling the contract or moving the contract to my name (I just want the number). They said that I could get a new number in the corporate contract but my existing number would be gone. If I do that, would it be possible to get that number afterwards for payg?

Thanks

Alvaro

Hi  Alvero

You have been given the correct information, the business number is tied into the business contract and it would not be possible to give the contract a different number without losing the number you wanted to keep.  Your employer would need to ask Vodafone for a PAC code for you to transfer to PAYG and this would cancel the business contract leaving your employer liable for the remaining time left on the contract.

A workaround would be to ask your employer to do a transfer of ownership for the business number to your name for a consumer contract, this mean you would need to meet the necessary criteria for a contract and pass a credit check and would leave you liable for paying the remaining time left on the contract,  when the contract reached it's minimum term you would then be able to transfer to PAYG.  Your employer would then need to take out a new business contract for your use.

The best time to do this is to wait until the business contract is about to reach it's minimum term.

View more options

Thanks. Yes, this is what I was told. If we get a new number to the existing contract, is there a way for me to later chose that number (which presumably would then  be in the pool of available numbers) for payg?

Thanks

Alvaro  

View more options

Hi @jagmail

You can't get a different number for the existing contract that has already been explained, the moment your employer tried to port in a different number to the existing business contract it would override the number you wanted to keep and that would be lost. The only way is as described above.  Give your employer the form below to get the business contract into your name on consumer. 

Can I transfer my number and contract to someone else?

View more options

Hi, I understand that it would be lost. My question is, once it is lost is there a way to somewhat retrieve that that number for a payg or personal contract since it would not be in use? I am not interested in transferring the existing business contracty to a personal contract because the monthly rate is too big.

Thanks

Alvaro

View more options

No. it is not possible. 

Ask your employer if it is possible to release the number to you when the business contract is at the end of the minimum term.  This may well still need to be done the change of ownership route and subject to 30 days notice but at least you won't have too many monthly payments to be liable for.

View more options

I would also like to retrieve an old number if possible. It doesn’t seem to be in use. Could you help please?

View more options

@TimTam So I can look into your old number for you and find out whether this can be done, please follow the details that are in the private message I've sent.

View more options