main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

Retrieving an old mobile number, how to go about it?

Highlighted

From what I've found @Sjhoads, it does look like the number would need to be the same as the one that backed up the data on Whatsapp. So when going through the verification code with your new number, this wouldn't bring up your old number's data it seems.

I completely understand the importance of this and want to see what we can do in terms of re-activating the number. As such a long time has passed, we may not be able to bring the number back but we can take a closer look into this to see if it's an option. Please send us a private message on Twitter or Facebook with your Community username, a link to your post here and the mobile number you previously had with us in 2016.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Thank you so much Natasha. 

I am crossing my fingers that you may find a way to get the number back. 

I have sent the Private Message on Facebook and included all the details you have asked for. 

Thanks again, 

Sarah-Jane

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, I'd like to retrieve an old number I had from early/mid90s and gave up in 2012 when I got a company phone. My wife still has the same Vodafone account, which used to have both our numbers on it but now just has hers. Chap at call-centre told us that numbers are lost after 3 months, but I think there might be a bit more scope to find it. It has never been used (I've checked occasionally) and still shows on Network Lookup as being with Vodafone. I know it's possible it's been reallocated to SIM which is in a shop or some such, in which case it's a bummer. But I wonder if it might be possible to find out where this particular number is? 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Eric123 as there is no longer account access via this forum anymore you would need to approach Customer services  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

They will be able to officially advise if your number can be returned to you or not.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Massively helpful, BofB. Thanks so much, I'll do that now! best wishes, Eric

View more options
Highlighted

You're very welcome @Eric123 

:Smiling:

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi 

How do i send you a private message on trying to get a old number back? 

View more options
Highlighted

@sakthar96 

Your unable to send a moderator a private message.

A person needs to contact the team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options