Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Show my number not working

Jack0x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Big Value Bundle and I wanted to use my unlimited minutes but when I call someone (called my best friend and she was confused as to who it was).

Checked my phone settings and Show number is enabled, but it still shows as no Caller ID (had to explain to my best friend that it was me and to remember my phone number for the time being).

So I then went to my Vodafone Account settings, went to "Hide number when calling" but sometimes it gives me an error relating to topup or the site is down for maintenance.

Please help, I got a bundle and can't even use my minutes for my mates and have to rely on mobile data for WhatsApp, etc

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is this happening happening with all calls or the one contact you mentioned @Jack0x 

Customer service channels via 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account.

Also as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, this happens with every contact. 

I haven't tried it on another device but considering it looks like it's Vodafone account related, I'm skeptical it isn't going to work. 

AnnS

Hi @Jack0x 

I am not so sure that this is account related, this may be a network issue.

Vodafone would recommend resetting your network settings, this will update your SIM on the network.  Go to your settings, connections, mobile networks and perform a network scan, when completed, select any other network, wait for it to reject your request and reselect Vodafone.  

The best way to get this solved is to give the Social Team an example of the issue.  This can be done by completing the pro forma and copying and pasting the results back on the thread from this link: Network Issues 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Jack0x 

If this does happen still on another phone then this as a process of elimination highlights your account especially as this is happening with all your contacts.

Hopefully customer services will be able to resolve this issue.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Trying your SIM in an alternative phone is a good place to start @Jack0x , this is recommended by Vodafone to eliminate a SIM fault on the network issues thread.  However, if this is a network issue the same thing is going to happen.

I would try updating your SIM on the network first by completing a network scan, sometimes the SIM can be a little behind.  If this does not work , as you are unable to call any of your contacts, the Social Team will need an example of the issue from a completed template on the network issue thread.

Further information from device guides here: Device Guides 

Hi,

Apologies for replying a little late. I'm gonna either post my issue on the template or in a few days just walk into a Vodafone store and see if the issue can be resolved there.

Thanks

AnnS

I am not sure a Vodafone Store will be able to solve this @Jack0x they are primarily sales and extra busy at this time of year.

The Social Team will be able to look into this for you and check there are no network issues or anything account related to prevent you calling any of your contracts.

I would drop them a message through Twitter or Facebook social channels.