cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble logging in to My Vodafone without old sim card.

mikw
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I recently damaged my old phone and had to replace it.

The old card would not fit the new phone, so a replacement card was bought.

Both phone and card have gone the journey now. Oops!

I was hoping to edit my details in my account, but now when I go to the login page I see that I require my old number (sim)  to get my authentication code to log in.

My questions are as follows;

Would it be easier to make a new account and start from scratch?

Or have I overlooked something?

Its a shame that the authentication process is limited to a text scheme to the very device that was trashed, rather than being able to receive a code via my email.

Tried ringing Voda but the waiting time was ridiculous and not even guaranteed to be answered. 

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mikw 

You must be using the new number SIM that came with the phone.  To enable you to log into your original account, if you contact Vodafone an advisor would be able to send a replacement plain blank numberless SIM for your original number.  There is further information here: SIM swap 

When you are able to log on it might also be worth adding an alternative contact number to the account, at least you will then be able to log on if you don't have your phone.

If you are intending to use the new SIM for the new number, this will mean setting up a new online account, the problem you are going to have is being unable to use any information associated with the other number and this is going to mean new user name, password and email address.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mikw 

Does this help How-do-I-set-up-an-alternative-contact-number-on-My-Vodafone. 

"Log in to My Vodafone and choose Account settings, then change the Alternative phone number.

It doesn't need to be a Vodafone number, and you can also use a landline number.

We recommend you set up another contact number so we can send you a security code to log in to My Vodafone if your mobile is lost, stolen or broken."

As an alternative to ringing Vodafone you could try the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.