Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone App Technical Difficulties Error code 4300

Nutty68boy
4: Newbie

Hello

I've decided to post my problem as I seem to be going around in circles. Back in August my Vodafone App stopped working for no apparent reason so I contacted Vodafone to be told that my account was corrupted and that had affected logging into the App, so after having my account cleansed and having to pick a new user name and password I tried downloading the App and trying to connect, guess what it didn't work. After contacting Vodafone on numerous occasions to be told my account was fine and to delete the App, Cache and Cookies this should solve the problem. Yet again nothing seemed to work, so again I contacted Vodafone who said they would send off an escalation form for me and the Customer Service Team would contact me in 3-5 days, which they did asking me to install the latest version of the Vodafone App. This didn't work either, so out of desperation I sent off a complaint and after a couple of days a message was left on my phone responding to my complaint and that the caller would try again later to contact me. I rang back with my complaint reference number and detailed my complaint again and yet another escalation form was sent off, the reply back........please install the latest version of the Vodafone App. I did respond by email over a week ago, as of yet, no reply! Looking at the posts on the Forum this seems to be a common event, without a common answer. Any ideas or advice?

28 REPLIES 28

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Nutty68boy 

The first thing to check is your online account, if this is set up and working correctly, as the Application goes by the online account this should follow.

The recommended advise is to clear all traces of the Application from your phone, if you are using an iphone, to prevent downloading the back up copy, this will include your icloud account, and download a new fresh copy of the Application to your phone.

If you continue to have problems, contact the Team on the forum for direct help and support here: Contact the Social Media Team 

Hi @AnnS

Yes, I have an iPhone and my online account is working, apart from not being able to add a credit/debit card for some reason so had to top up over the phone......takes me back a bit. As per my original problem above I have done what you suggested so many times. To be quite honest I've virtually given up on Vodafone, I just liked the App as everything was in one place rather than having to log on to your account putting in a security number etc, etc😡

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Nutty68boy - it's disappointing to hear you're having trouble accessing your My Vodafone app. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running again - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi TJ 

Thanks for your response. Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but do I take it I respond through Messenger rather than actually through Facebook and if so how do I add a link to this thread? I've used Messenger in the past and made an official complaint and that's why I ended up posting on here as I got nowhere! 

Carl

TJ

Thanks for getting back in touch @Nutty68boy - I can see you've gotten in contact and we're taking another look into these app issues. I know this has been going on for a while and hope we can get it resolved once and for all this time. 

Hi Guys, 

Well after going round in circles with my complaint about my Vodafone App I have been told that my Account doesn't have any issues and I should contact Apple as I have an iPhone and it could be a problem with the iCloud or App Store, oh and as I have an iPhone SE it could be too old to cope (it was fine up to a few months ago and my Wife's iPhone is older and that works with the app ok). Thought I would check my Balance through my online account and add a payment card, apparently  I can't add a payment card as i just go round in circles again, I press add a payment card and nothing happens, it just won't let me add one!  I'm getting the feeling I'm jinxed, why is life so complicated? 😡

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nutty68boy I've just replied to your latest message to us - I'm really sorry for the delay!

We'll be able to advise you further over Messenger once we have the requested details.

I have been having exactly the same problem - Ive lost count now how many times ive reported it and the say - dont worry weve fixed it now or we will ring you back and its still not working!

Todays chat reference is 187565586466813509

I feel Ive missed out on loads of offers that the keep telling me to log onto the app for!

I have an Iphone XR on contract

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If you haven't already @julia817, please send us a message on Twitter or Facebook and our team will be able to resolve any issues you're having on the My Vodafone app.

Please ensure to include your Community username and a link to your post - this will save you some time and we'll be able to track your messages.