Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone App Technical Difficulties Error code 4300

Nutty68boy
4: Newbie

Hello

I've decided to post my problem as I seem to be going around in circles. Back in August my Vodafone App stopped working for no apparent reason so I contacted Vodafone to be told that my account was corrupted and that had affected logging into the App, so after having my account cleansed and having to pick a new user name and password I tried downloading the App and trying to connect, guess what it didn't work. After contacting Vodafone on numerous occasions to be told my account was fine and to delete the App, Cache and Cookies this should solve the problem. Yet again nothing seemed to work, so again I contacted Vodafone who said they would send off an escalation form for me and the Customer Service Team would contact me in 3-5 days, which they did asking me to install the latest version of the Vodafone App. This didn't work either, so out of desperation I sent off a complaint and after a couple of days a message was left on my phone responding to my complaint and that the caller would try again later to contact me. I rang back with my complaint reference number and detailed my complaint again and yet another escalation form was sent off, the reply back........please install the latest version of the Vodafone App. I did respond by email over a week ago, as of yet, no reply! Looking at the posts on the Forum this seems to be a common event, without a common answer. Any ideas or advice?

28 REPLIES 28

Hello julia817

I think I'm going to give up trying to get the Vodafone App to work, I replied to a previous message on Vodafone Chat and they haven't even responded, I can't even add a payment card to my Vodafone Account so how my account can be working properly I've got no idea, apparently it's my Apple iCloud that's the problem! As this seems to be a common problem why can't Vodafone get it sorted? Good luck with getting your App to work.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's very strange that no ones been back in touch with you @Nutty68boy, apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. Please pop us another message over and we'll take another look into this for you. 

Hello TJ, 

Thanks for your reply. I haven't sent another message as I thought the message I sent on the 28th November should have been sufficient, and as I have gone around in circles for months didn't really see the point. I have just logged on to my Vodafone Account today to check my balance and even though there isn't a problem with my account! guess what........I can't top up through my Account, I can't even add a Payment Card. At the moment I'm topping up via the automated service, starting to think Vodafone has something against me, first my App doesn't work and now my Account doesn't seem to work properly. Time to move providers I think! 😡

I too have given up I'm fed up of wasting my time ringing- I've left a twitter message and no response. Seems funny that a phone company can't actually ring you! 
As for it being my phone - well this is the only app I have a problem with?? 

Hi julia817

Like you the only App that doesn't work on my iPhone is the Vodafone App, strange that..........must be my Phone! You'd think with other customers having the same problems that Vodafone would have found a solution by now? I totally agree about the phoning issues, how many times do I have to leave messages, each time starting at the beginning only to end up exactly where I started, I even complained officially, only after weeks to be told  that it's my phone or my iCloud that's the problem........apparently I need to go to an Apple Store to solve the issue 😂 well maybe 2020 will be different, wishing you good luck...........and Happy New Year! 

Still can't add a credit / payment card to my account and still no response from Vodafone, even though they respond to other users replying to my posts......must have a black mark against me! Oh and the App still doesn't work. 😡

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've replied to your last message to us @Nutty68boy  - I'd like to apologise again for the delay. Please reply back to my Facebook message and we'll be able to help with getting this resolved for you.

This is really interesting as I'm having the exact same problem with the My Vodafone app and I can't get into the upgrade area on the website; I keep being promised that it'll be fixed but it's not (been 2-3 weeks so far). I have 3 lines on my account (me, my mother, my daughter) and I'm considering moving them all to a different provider. Any help appreciated!

Hi tawnyowl63

I'm sorry you are having  these difficulties with your account, I wish I could offer some useful advice but if you look at my latest post you'll see that I'm just going round in circles and don't seem to get any response from Vodafone, I'm having to top up my phone in the old traditional manner through the automated system.............seriously thinking of changing my provider, shame really didn't have any problems for years. Good luck.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nutty68boy If you still need assistance, please reply to our latest message and we'll be happy to check on the progress of this for you. We really wouldn't like to see you leave us and would love the chance to turn this around for you.
@tawnyowl63 If you haven't already, please send us a message on Twitter or Facebook and we'll be able to take a look into the errors you're seeing. Please include a link to your post with your Community username and we'll be able to help quickly.