cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why has my £5 BVB apparently suddenly changed into a £10 BVB?

Marrea
4: Newbie

I have a £5 Big Value Bundle.  On 5 March I had a balance of £45.13.  When I checked yesterday (6 April) my balance was showing as £35.13.  Why have Vodafone suddenly taken £10 out of my account instead of £5?  I am somewhat confused.

24 REPLIES 24

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Marrea 

The £5.00 BVB is no longer offered online here: Vodafone Big Value Bundles If the bundle is no longer available from the application it may have been discontinued.

BVB's now offer unlimited minutes and texts and the smallest bundle you are able to purchase will be the £10.00 BVB.

I would recommend speaking to Customer Services or using live chat, they will be able to confirm if the bundle is still available.

AnnS

Many thanks for this.  I would have thought that Vodafone out of courtesy would have contacted their customer first to let them know about this, to check whether they wanted to stay on the plan or not !!  I will try and contact Customer Services for clarification.  I will report back once I have done so.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

O2 do a £5 bundle that offers:

• Unlimited minutes and texts. No data included.

So if you can live without data then it may be worth switching.

BandOfBrothers

@WelshPaul wrote:

O2 do a £5 bundle that offers:

• Unlimited minutes and texts. No data included.

So if you can live without data then it may be worth switching.

Please do check that another network can offer good signal connection if you consider using a Pac to take your number to an alternative network. I'd suggest to try out a payg sim card for that network to test it @Marrea 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you again AnnS, Welsh Paul, and BandofBrothers for your responses.

I would rather like data included, so not sure I would want to move to O2.  Having already once used a PAC to move from Virgin to Vodafone I am not sure I want to go through the hassle of doing that again.

I couldn’t find a Customer Services phone number so I tried the online chat.  Unfortunately I am none the wiser.  My first question was “Do existing £5 BVB customers (like me) now have to pay £10 every thirty days?”  A fairly simple question I would have thought.  However the answer which came back was “£5 Big Value Bundle gives 100MB data, 150 minutes, 250 texts for 30 days.”  It went on like this in similar vein with me failing to get the answers to the questions which I was expecting.  We seemed to be talking at cross purposes the whole time.  Anyway, I eventually lost the will to live and ended the chat.  I shall check how much Vodafone take out of my account next month and if it is £10 again I shall pursue this further.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Although we're changing our offers all the time @Marrea cancellation of our £5 BVB isn't something I'm aware of at the moment. So we can take a closer look into the orders on your account and why you were charged £10 this month, we'd need access to your account. As we're unable to do this through a public forum such as our Community, pop us a private message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Mark

Many thanks indeed for this.  I’ve tried to send you a private message via Facebook Messenger at VodafoneUK.  It told me to pick the most relevant option, so I chose Account and Billing.  I then tried to send a message as follows:  “Hi, I have received a message today from Mark, Moderator, on https://forum.vodafone.co.uk regarding my query on that forum as to why I had been charged £10 this month when I am on the £5 BVB.  He said that so you can take a closer look into the orders on my account you will need to access my account, and that I should send you a private message here so that  you can do that.  Please let me know if you require any further information from me at this stage.“  Unfortunately all that happened was I got a response saying “Sorry, we don’t understand that”.  Therefore I should be very grateful if you could give me precise instructions on how I should sent you a private message via Facebook.  Many thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All messages are picked up by our automated system so that we can accurately categorise them for our records, then passed along to an advisor. Your message will still be picked up by a member of the team @Marrea, don't worry. 

Jack

Many thanks indeed for the clarification.  I am most grateful. 🙂