Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G logo but data not working

wilsiano
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm hoping someone can help me before I port out as I've not been able to get a resolution from CS.

The 4G/5G logo shows in the status bar of my s23 like data is connected but I'm not actually able to load webpages and speedtests fail. (Almost like a dns issue)

If I toggle airplane mode it does start working briefly and I can get 200mbps+ speeds but will fail again after around 30 minutes. No issues on WiFi.

It's in all areas so not a coverage issue.

Calls work on 2g only no voLTE.

I've tried:

• EE sim, everything works.
  • O2 sim, everything works but slower.
  • Roaming esim for UK manually set to vodafone also works!
  • Manual roam
  • Manual apn settings
  • Reset network settings
  • Entire factory reset
  • No data bar 
  • Data warnings/limits all disabled 
  • Replacement sim and switch to esim
  • Connecting to vpn/private dns 

Is this a fault with my phones internal modem but only affecting vodafones network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response @Charlotte.

I've ported out for now, I'll try again in 12 month and see if the network is more stable in my area then.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Charlotte

Hello, @wilsiano. I hope you're well. I understand that you've been having ongoing problems with the network, and we need to get to the bottom of this for you. From what you've mentioned, it sounds like we need to take a deeper look into how your service is connecting to the network, so please reach out to our Social Media Team so they can take a closer look into this issue for you. 

Thanks for the response @Charlotte.

I've ported out for now, I'll try again in 12 month and see if the network is more stable in my area then.