Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working

haideriqbal
3: Seeker

Hi

I have just recently joined Vodafone last week but my experience so far is just horrible. I got new iphone 7 on contract, last Tuesday my sim got active after 50 hrs of purchase and since then I cant get 4G on my device.

I have contacted many advisors online on vodafone and have also gone to store twice. They swapped my sim reset setting but no luck. 

Now Yesterday an online agent told that my number is not configured on something called TRACS. But since then 24+ hrs still no 4G.

If anyone can help me here that would be great. Else I would have no option other than leaving vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:

Got my 4G working today. Thanks for all the support.

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

haideriqbal
Exactly thats the problem they are not taking this seriously they just tell me we have escalated the issue and here i am more than a week and nothing😞

Appreciate your frustration with the 4g situation and at least you have connection through 3g. 

As they've advised it's been escalated and worked on then all you can do is await this to be resolved. 

Easy enough for me to say I understand. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

haideriqbal
Thank for your response. Actual reason is that im in cooling off period and want to test 4G coverage of vodafone before i make decision to stay with them for 2 years. 3G coverage is good but i have to test 4G coverage too.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@haideriqbal Sorry to hear about the problem with your 4G coverage. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thank you for getting in touch. Replied to PM according to the instructions sent.

I I have the same problem too can you help with it 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @Sinan_vahab - what phone are you using at the moment? You might just need to update a few of your mobile data settings. 

If you're using an iPhone - go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network. Make sure all the settings are set to, 'pp.vodafone.co.uk', including the LTE section and also change the usernames and passwords to 'wap'.

If you're using an Android - go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Click on the 3 dots (on the top right of the screen) > Reset to Default. Select Vodafone PayG/Prepaid. Then restart the phone and this should resolve the issue. Give those a try and let me know how you get on. 

Update:

@haideriqbal wrote:

Update:

Awesome news. 

May I ask @haideriqbal what resolved the issue as this type of information can go onto help others searching for similar help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was related to my account. They told me that 4G was not active on my Network Profile.