main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

4G not working

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi

I have just recently joined Vodafone last week but my experience so far is just horrible. I got new iphone 7 on contract, last Tuesday my sim got active after 50 hrs of purchase and since then I cant get 4G on my device.

I have contacted many advisors online on vodafone and have also gone to store twice. They swapped my sim reset setting but no luck. 

Now Yesterday an online agent told that my number is not configured on something called TRACS. But since then 24+ hrs still no 4G.

If anyone can help me here that would be great. Else I would have no option other than leaving vodafone.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update:

Got my 4G working today. Thanks for all the support.

View more options
35 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @haideriqbal

May I ask the following.....

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. 

Did you bring your number with you from another network? If so this could be a Split Port to which Customer service need to escalate it to the porting teams. 

Did you join via an independent such as Carphone Warehouse or directly with Vodafone? If via an independent then they need to look after you too. 

Regarding 4G. 

Can you not connect to Vodafones Data Connection at all on 3G for example. 

Are you in a 4G area ? Check via Here.

Or does it not work wherever you go. 

Is 4G turned on in the iPhones settings. 

Is Mobile Data turned on in the iPhones settings. 

You may need to ask Customer Service to fully reset your Account which should reset everything and hopefully jolt data in to working. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thank you for your response.

1. Yes tried the sim in the other 4g  phone but sim didnt show 4g signals.

2. I got new number from vodafone didnt bring from other network.

3. I joined directly through Vodafone not carphone warehouse.

4. 3G is working fine but 4G never comes up.

4. I cant get 4G anywhere neither in city center. And yes map shows good outdoor and indoor 4G coverage in my area. 

5. Yes, 4G settings are active on my iPhone

They have reset the settings but didnt get it working

View more options

Hi @haideriqbal

The APN settings play an important part for getting all your data services working.

The first thing to do is to synchronise to itunes and may sure the correct settings are reset and installed on your iphone.  Alternatively, the settings can be installed by following the link below.

APN settings Support

You mention Vodafone have reset the settings, but this will be something you need to do from your end.

If there are still problems, please come back to the forum for further help and advise.  Alternatively, a Vodafone Store can help.

View more options

You're Welcome.  

Does the 4G icon show up in the iPhones status bar ?

Can you try Resetting Network Settings in the iPhone. 

Please just to tick off another box check the Apn Settings in the iPhone.

Apn Settings for iPhone- Link from Geeksquad.

If nothing improves then This then sounds like its Account based going by your answers. 

View more options

@AnnS thank you for your response.

Itunes is synced and have reset the APN Settings it didnt work.

Also went to the store twice. Once they swapped the sim it didnt work and then in next visit they told me that everything on my account is fine this issue will be solved by the tech team which can only be contacted online or on phone. At store level we can do nothing more for you.

View more options

Yes 4G symbol showed in the phone when we put the other guy sim in my phone. Just reset it but no luck.

It might be account based I dont know no one in the tech team is helping out they say same thing again and again whenever i talk to them

View more options

The 4G symbol showing in the iPhone shows to me the Apn Settings are probably good. 

Someone at Vodafone Customer Services needs to obviously own the problem with your account.  

View more options
Exactly thats the problem they are not taking this seriously they just tell me we have escalated the issue and here i am more than a week and nothing😞
View more options

Appreciate your frustration with the 4g situation and at least you have connection through 3g. 

As they've advised it's been escalated and worked on then all you can do is await this to be resolved. 

Easy enough for me to say I understand. 

View more options
Thank for your response. Actual reason is that im in cooling off period and want to test 4G coverage of vodafone before i make decision to stay with them for 2 years. 3G coverage is good but i have to test 4G coverage too.
View more options
Administrator

@haideriqbal Sorry to hear about the problem with your 4G coverage. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Thank you for getting in touch. Replied to PM according to the instructions sent.

View more options

Update:

View more options

@haideriqbal wrote:

Update:

Awesome news. 

May I ask @haideriqbal what resolved the issue as this type of information can go onto help others searching for similar help. 

View more options

It was related to my account. They told me that 4G was not active on my Network Profile.

View more options
2: Seeker

Sorry, I have managed to rectify the issue. It was the preinstalled Vodafone internet security settings that were blocking everything. I'e  turned them off and is it now working.

The is for the reply.

View more options

How do you turn off Vodafone internet settings?

View more options

@Arg1954 If this is in regards to your mobile, there's a couple of ways to do this 😊 

You can go into your mobile phone Settings - Mobile Data and turn it off. 

Putting your phone into Airplane mode will also ensure this happens, although you'll be unable to make/receive calls and texts also with this option. 

View more options

Hi I am also having issues with 4G,have been onto tech 4 times and still no 4G,had 4G on Virgin with the same phone and same location,any help would be appreciated,thanks.

View more options