Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working

haideriqbal
3: Seeker

Hi

I have just recently joined Vodafone last week but my experience so far is just horrible. I got new iphone 7 on contract, last Tuesday my sim got active after 50 hrs of purchase and since then I cant get 4G on my device.

I have contacted many advisors online on vodafone and have also gone to store twice. They swapped my sim reset setting but no luck. 

Now Yesterday an online agent told that my number is not configured on something called TRACS. But since then 24+ hrs still no 4G.

If anyone can help me here that would be great. Else I would have no option other than leaving vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:

Got my 4G working today. Thanks for all the support.

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @haideriqbal

May I ask the following.....

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. 

Did you bring your number with you from another network? If so this could be a Split Port to which Customer service need to escalate it to the porting teams. 

Did you join via an independent such as Carphone Warehouse or directly with Vodafone? If via an independent then they need to look after you too. 

Regarding 4G. 

Can you not connect to Vodafones Data Connection at all on 3G for example. 

Are you in a 4G area ? Check via Here.

Or does it not work wherever you go. 

Is 4G turned on in the iPhones settings. 

Is Mobile Data turned on in the iPhones settings. 

You may need to ask Customer Service to fully reset your Account which should reset everything and hopefully jolt data in to working. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your response.

1. Yes tried the sim in the other 4g  phone but sim didnt show 4g signals.

2. I got new number from vodafone didnt bring from other network.

3. I joined directly through Vodafone not carphone warehouse.

4. 3G is working fine but 4G never comes up.

4. I cant get 4G anywhere neither in city center. And yes map shows good outdoor and indoor 4G coverage in my area. 

5. Yes, 4G settings are active on my iPhone

They have reset the settings but didnt get it working :Sad_face:

You're Welcome.  :Smiling:

Does the 4G icon show up in the iPhones status bar ?

Can you try Resetting Network Settings in the iPhone. 

Please just to tick off another box check the Apn Settings in the iPhone.

Apn Settings for iPhone- Link from Geeksquad.

If nothing improves then This then sounds like its Account based going by your answers. 

Current Phone  >

Yes 4G symbol showed in the phone when we put the other guy sim in my phone. Just reset it but no luck.

It might be account based I dont know no one in the tech team is helping out they say same thing again and again whenever i talk to them

The 4G symbol showing in the iPhone shows to me the Apn Settings are probably good. 

Someone at Vodafone Customer Services needs to obviously own the problem with your account.  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Sorry, I have managed to rectify the issue. It was the preinstalled Vodafone internet security settings that were blocking everything. I'e  turned them off and is it now working.

The is for the reply.

How do you turn off Vodafone internet settings?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Arg1954 If this is in regards to your mobile, there's a couple of ways to do this 😊 

You can go into your mobile phone Settings - Mobile Data and turn it off. 

Putting your phone into Airplane mode will also ensure this happens, although you'll be unable to make/receive calls and texts also with this option. 

haideriqbal

@AnnS thank you for your response.

Itunes is synced and have reset the APN Settings it didnt work.

Also went to the store twice. Once they swapped the sim it didnt work and then in next visit they told me that everything on my account is fine this issue will be solved by the tech team which can only be contacted online or on phone. At store level we can do nothing more for you.