Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working

haideriqbal
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have just recently joined Vodafone last week but my experience so far is just horrible. I got new iphone 7 on contract, last Tuesday my sim got active after 50 hrs of purchase and since then I cant get 4G on my device.

I have contacted many advisors online on vodafone and have also gone to store twice. They swapped my sim reset setting but no luck. 

Now Yesterday an online agent told that my number is not configured on something called TRACS. But since then 24+ hrs still no 4G.

If anyone can help me here that would be great. Else I would have no option other than leaving vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:

Got my 4G working today. Thanks for all the support.

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

I seem to have the same issue - no 4g, 3g any g in fact…

Tried the suggested steps.

Hi all, I've used 3G for over 3 years, and 4G not working as well. I went to Vodafone shops again and again, the staff there had no idea how to fix it. They said it might be my cellphone issue - they reckon my phone can't receive the 4G signal, but Im using 14pro at the moment and it's even fine to use 5G in another sim card.

They swapped my SIM card today, didn't work.

They put my SIM into their phone which always showed 4G, then their phone call turned to 3G

Could someone help me fix that? Thank you!!!!

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SJ_stone! Please follow our troubleshooting steps here, if that doesn't work then please fill out the Network Template and post a completed version back to the thread - we'd be happy to take a closer look at your 4G issue 🙂

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

it happens everywhere, no matter the town centre or my home. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

6012, Karori, Wellington, NZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

nothing, it just can't use 4G at all.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

I only have 3G in my 14 pro as well as iPhone 7 I used before.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Nov, 2019...

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

permanent. The staff here helped swapped the SIM card, but still only 3G. My friend uses the same prepay plan as mine, she can gets 4G even 5G...

Hi @SJ_stone 👋 If you're a Vodafone New Zealand customer we won't be able to help unfortunately, as we only have access to the UK network and accounts. Their contact details can be found here. Sorry I couldn't assist further.