Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Closed and Settled But Still Reporting to Credit Reference Agencies

rxfleming
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone

My account has been closed on 7th January, final bill paid in February and £0 balance on account.

You are still reporting to credit reference agencies that the account is active, and not closed and Settled.

I have spoken with your customer service team online and by phone, and no one seems to understand what I'm talking about.

Please can someone help me from the Forum Team to get me in touch with the correct department to have my account 'closed and settled' with all credit reference agencies? Thanks.

131 REPLIES 131

I have the same issue as all the previous. However, I have never had a Vodaphone product or service, I did, however, apply for a contract which I was accepted for, but cancelled it within the cancellation period.

a year later Vodaphone is still showing as an open account on my credit report, and It has affected my ability to apply for credit.

I rang Vodaphone today to resolve this matter and was told I would receive a call back within 50 mins.............

zzzzzz:Angry_Face::Angry_Face::Angry_Face:

Hi,

i clised my account nearly two years ago and you are still updating my credit  files. I need the account properly closed please.

redstds,

pete

I have the same issue. My account was closed with vodafone nearly a year ago and it is still on my credit report.

Can someone please get in touch so i can get this removed.

Thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jamieorj I've sent a private message over with details on how to contact us. A member of the team will then be able to check your credit report 🙂

Hi,

I also have the same problem, but I've actually got two credit accounts open, one from two years ago, and one I cancelled back in August which is still heavily bringing my credit score down! 

Help here please. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SC93 So we're able to investigate into both of your credit accounts, please get in touch using the link in my private message

Hi, I am also having the same problem. Currently doing a credit check to find my old vodafone contract from 2016 is still showing active on my file creating issues with my score.

Please can I also be sent the link to fix this.

Thank you.

i am also havign the same issue, can you private message me so i can get in touch

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @anilv100 I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

So over 3 months later and both accounts are still showing as active on my credit report! This is ridiculous, all the assurances I had about it being sorted were clearly worthless.

Please can you get in touch so via private message so that I can speak to someone again please?