Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adding another mobile phone to your account -

Juantastic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Community,

At Christmas I bought my 14yr old a new mobile/tariff also on the Vodafone network (via a 3rd party online provider).

I already have a pay monthly account for my mobile and BBD services with Vodafone. 

How do I add his or A.N. Other mobile number to my account, so that I can manage myself - in terms of finance etc./track usage if necessary.

Thx in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The additional pay monthly contract number can certainly be added to your account @Juantastic .  It would also be possible to manage the number through My Account Controls here: My Account Controls 

As soon as the first bill has been received for the new third party contract speak to Vodafone through Live Chat by calling Customer Services or by speaking directly to the Social Team here: Contact Us and they will make sure the new number is available to manage on your online account.

I just bought my wife a Doro phone "for the elderly" having been told at my local Vodafone shop that it could be added to my monthly account for no extra cost, and that her existing PAYG number could be transferred to the new phone.  When we went to the shop we were told we had been misinformed and she would have to have an additional monthly account at extra cost.  So we got a new PAYG SIM instead and had the credit on the old phone transferred to the new phone together with the old number.

Was the original information correct after all, or must she stay on PAYG if we don't want to pay extra on my account (which is for broadband, home phone and my mobile)?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slotph - I'm sorry for the information you were first given. To move a number from Pay as you go to Pay monthly, there would be a monthly charge for this. 

If you'd like to look at this option in the future, then please call us on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile, or you can find the offers here

hrym

One thing you could consider is a Basics account.   Check the limitations, and also whether you can port the number.