Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bypass TOBI?

Schpleeb
3: Seeker

Hello,

Is there a way I can ensure I can actually get through to an agent when I dial 191?  I know that usually I can say “thinking of leaving” and this will do the trick, however even that does not currently work as I am automatically diverted to an automated payment line for an overdue payment. This is the issue I need to discuss, however it is proving impossible. The automated line offered me a ‘promise to pay’ date however this is still ahead of me being paid and so I am trying to pre-empt being cut off. Even if I accept this offer through the automated line, it doesn’t stop me being put through to it again when I retry.

Surely there must be a keypad option to speak to an agent, or to get a callback from an agent?

Thanks in advance 

9 REPLIES 9

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

The usual answer to this question is to ignore ALL the prompts and you'll be put into a queue to speak to an agent. Without trying it I don't know if this still works though.  

Thanks I’ll give it a go and confirm on here whether it works 

Nope... gave that a whirl and got “Thanks for calling, bye” around the 3min mark.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Schpleeb You can always give us a shout on social media instead? To get in touch with the team on these platforms, please see our post Here.

Cheers Josh I did manage to speak to someone through Chat in the end.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schpleeb Amazing! Glad to hear you're sorted 😊

DreddArt

I had to laugh when I saw this because to be fair I have had this as an ongoing issue for so so long it has been driving me insane 😳

but I eventually have it jsussed!

so, initially you have to speak to Tobi  who never understands what you're asking so they then say they will transfer you... but as they go to transfer you you're suddenly interrupted by the message that you have an outstanding balance and then taken to the payment system...

And you are told something like "let me help you with this"

To pay your outstanding balance Now press one.

Obviously you don't want to do this as you need to speak to someone!

I think there is then just one more option but if there is another 2 make sure you wait for last one 

and that then took me straight through to credit control and I was able to talk to somebody who was actually one of the most helpful advisers  I've ever had with any company, so much so that I even sent a message to Vodafone complimenting her and recommending that she be recognised for her customer service skills especially when I found out she was only 20

😁

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

I've found yelling at it and throwing in some expletives shuts it up and transfers you to a customer service advisor.

I couldn't comment on the service getting better after speaking with an advisor.

markmoran
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Thanks for your sharing, I will see if it matches my current frp bypass tools