Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't receive incoming calls while abroad

marklucas1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Samsung S8 on pay monthly, data roaming enabled, bags of data etc and am UK based.

Whenever I am in Spain, I can make outgoing calls, make and receive texts and  use all my data allowance. But if someone phones me,  my phone doesn't ring.   It's got to the ridiculous situation where someone back home has to text me and ask I call them in order to have a phone chat.

Like other similar enquirers, I have wasted countless hours to vodafone call centres.  Generally the ever-so-nice call  centre folk think it's a problem with call barring or voicemail options.  Yet, every time they fail to solve the problem.

Desperate now!  Is there a solution short of switching to a new contract with an alterntive mobile company?!

Mark

11 REPLIES 11

@Carolinephone We're unable to access accounts over the forum, alternatively you can speak to our live chat team

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy If you're currently in Spain and you're unable to answer your phone, it should be routed to your usual Voicemail message ðŸ™‚

@marklucas1 I'm pleased to hear the issue's now been resolved and you're able to receive incoming calls, whilst roaming abroad. If there's anything else we're able to help you with, don't hesitate to pop us a message.