Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancel a SIM only in my old house alarm system

coachmacca
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hoping somoene can help because Vodaphone cant/wont..

I had to put a SIM in my home alarm due to the analogue/PTSN cut off. Its a monthly paid SIM (£7). I moved house and left the SIM to allow the new owners to be alarmed until they got settled. The SIM was due to come to the end of the 1st year yesterday so I want to cancel it now.

Problem - i dont have the SIM (its at the old house) , its not in a phone (so I cant text or get texts to manage it )  and as i just put it in my alarm i dont have any PIN numbers etc . I've tried to use chat / help but Vodaphone agents just keep telling me they cant help me .

I have the phone number and addresss, bank details etc - surely there must be a process to end it !

3 REPLIES 3

Andy

Hi @coachmacca 👋 I believe this may be possibly be one of our SIM's for smart devices. We have a dedicated team that deal with these which can be reached via this link. If it isn't with them, please reach out to the social team via the details here and we will be happy to look into this further. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Report it lost. You will get a new SIM Card. Once you get it, then request PAC and tranfer number to PAYG on another network.

Or go into Vodafone shop and get a new SIM card. Again request PAC and transfer

chistery

Once you have a new SIM, get a STAC instead of a PAC and end it immediately if it's out of contract.