Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancel contract

scottwp89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I have just been made redundant and am not going to be able to continue paying my device or airtime bill. I have tried to speak to someone on chat, but I am getting nowhere. I wish to cancel my contract and arrange to set up a payment plan to settle outstanding bills/device plans etc. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances @scottwp89 

You will need to call 191 or use Live Chat or speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM for them to access your account to help you. Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

How to cancel-your-account.  

Be aware if your account is not at full term there would be an early termination fee.

What-s-an-early-termination-fee. 

And a payment agreement can be noted on your Credit File.

Some information is here too What-should-I-do-if-I-can-t-pay-my-bill. 

I wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

With an Evo contract the device part of the contract is a credit agreement @scottwp89 , if you are able to pay off the device payment, this will terminate the airtime part of the contract and the airtime will continue on a 30 day basis and all that needs to be done is to contact Vodafone to cancel or PAC out on PAYG or submit a STAC to an alternative network to cancel the contract.  If you refer to the FAQ's on this link this is mentioned.  Evo You can ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG but this takes 30 days to complete and you are committed to having an extra 30 days airtime needing to be paid.

If you have a good phone, consider selling it, get as much as you possibly can and use the money to pay off as much as possible of the device part of the contract, this will reduce the monthly repayments.   If the device is fully paid off this will also end the airtime contract and certainly no early termination charges.

As far as is known the credit for the device is provided by PayPal credit, avoid setting up a payment plan if possible, with this recorded against your credit file it will seriously affect your ability to get any credit.