Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling Vodafone Contract

Nicki4536
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So as of a few hours ago I have been trying to cancel my Vodafone contract.

I don't want to take my number with me, I don't need a STAC or PAC code. 

I just want to cancel my number and contract. I have called 191 where the automated assistant tells me to go to the website. So I go to the Vodafone website which tells me I need to call 191. Dead end.

My next course of action is to create a Twitter account and speak to an agent. I manage to get a human being to then be told...you need to call 191 or go to the website!!!! Dead end.

I appreciate ALL business seem to have their customer service staff on furlow so it's impossible to speak to anyone should you need to actually use a service of any kind, but surely there MUST BE A WAY?

Has anyone had any luck in doing this?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If this was me I'd ring 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option which will get you through to an agent who can cancel for you.

You'd have to give 30 days notice this way.

Or pac / stac to another network on payg and when you give the new Network the code then this automatically ends your contract. i.e no 30 days notice.

Please leave your direct debit in place until you get the final bill and sorry your leaving letter @Nicki4536 

How to cancel-your-account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandofBrothers 

Reading through on the Vodafone website ordering a PAC or STAC does not cancel your contract. Both options require your new network operator to take some action before the old number is cancelled. I have already gone with a new operator so cannot do either.

I will try that option on 191.

It worked! Many thanks.  🙂

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Nicki4536 

Sorry to see you go.  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.