Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Constant mistakes from vodaphone customer service, taking over my life

Lauraangel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I don’t know where to start with vodaphone and the trouble I have had. 

vodaphone customer service advisors are making constant mistakes on my account, they admit mistakes on the recorded phone calls and constantly tell me they will resolve this and it’s fixed, I’m calling most weeks to fix issues they cause then after a week another issue arises or the same issue is still going on after being reassured it’s fixed. 

this week I called again having being told a charge on my bill that was over £500 and affecting my current bill which was leading to my phone being cut off and restricted. I’ve rang about this so many times and 3 times I’ve been told not to worry it would be taken off. 

On Thursday I made another call as the last caller promised me the world and still did not remove this. 

I called they said it was for an old number and the only way to have this removed was to activate this old line again to refund the £550 and then they’d make a one of on the account and deactivate it again so I’m not paying two phone bills and my current number would be back to normal. 

So I agreed. 

this evening my son tried to call me, I’ve now noticed that my services are off and my phone number that I use on the daily has been taken and turned off. 

I have explained to vodaphone I suffer with mental health issues and minor issues can overwhelm me and still I’m stuck and trapped in this situation with them. 

I am more than disgraced with this. I cannot believe how bad the customer service has been since last year, I’ve called more than 50 times and they still have no resolved this issue. 

It’s becoming a life problem for me as I’m constantly overwhelmed by this debt that isn’t mine and my phone sevice being poor and then turned off, now I have lost my number too and can’t even contact anyone tonight as it’s too late. 

from other forums I can see lots of people have had this issue and it hasn’t been resolved for weeks. 

My phone number is more than important and I can’t believe it’s been taken without my consent. 

I suffer from ocd and obsessive thinking and now I can’t sleep worrying about my phone number. 

this company should be closed down. It’s disgusting how I’ve been treated having been a loyal customer for years too!! 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It certainly sounds like you've not had the best customer support @Lauraangel 

If you haven't already use the Vodafone Social Media Teams who have full access to accounts. They can't help from here as they cannot access accounts from this forum.

They are available on Twitter and Facebook.

You could also raise an official complaint which will also create a paper trail. 

Vodafone /complaints/code-of-practice 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thankyou 

I have contacted everyone I can now. They have said this was due to the £550 that should have been removed from the account already on Thursday and the week before that. Due to this £550 that was a mistake on my account they have disconnected my line because of the debt that Infact shouldn’t even be on there, not only that they forced me to reconnect an old line in order to have the £550 removed from my account because they stated it wasn’t even for my current number. Then suddenly have disconnected my actual line. So the whole thing has blown my mind tbh. I just wanna end my contract now and leave vodaphone, they have sent a request to have my line reconnected but it will take up to 72 hours which means I have no phone for 3 days and I assume from other posts I’ve read it’ll take a lot longer and I’ll most likely be having to call up again and get out on hold for hours again. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting your issues sorted @Lauraangel and I'd love the chance to get this sorted for you. If you can reach out to my team through one of our social channels. We'll need to take a few details from you and then, look into the charge that was raised, remove it if needed, get your current number back up and running again, and straighten out any other issues you may have. Leaving you free to enjoy the lovely weather we're experiencing at the moment 🌞

Don’t think I’d hesitate to find out what the legal position Laura might be in. You simply can’t treat people like Vodafone appear to be doing so without repercussions on them as a company. You cannot treat people like Laura with such disregard without compensating her for the absolute failure to address her concerns as well as the anxiety she must be suffering regarding this business. She deserves a hefty compensation payment as well as an apology. If Vodafone tried that stunt with me they’d find out what I mean!!

Get legal advice pronto.  Find out whether it’d be worth suing for deformation of character as well as other charges that are due to you because of this shoddy business.

Bhm2trev
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I was suckered into Vodafone recently & yes they need to be closed down. My problem was different but it’s still Vodafone that’s the root cause. If they tried to charge me £500 I’d be straight round to get legal advice!