Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Services connect message

john080347
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Since I received my new phone, a Xiaomi Note 9, I have been receiving the same message almost every day from Vodafone: "It's time to get connected. To enable data on this device, connect to a WiFi network and head to https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/set-up-your-phone-for-internet.

Then select your device, follow the simple steps and you'll be good to go."

I have already connected the phone to mobile data, over a week ago now, but as soon as I am away from my home Wifi I get this same message, and I can't work out how to stop the messages coming. 

Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @john080347 

That is annoying, try turning on your mobile data and texting WEB to 40127, this will update your APN settings on the network and the settings messages should stop.

I did that, and have just received exactly the same message as I keep getting! It certainly didn't update anything. 

AnnS

Hi @john080347 

If a reboot has not solved the issue and you continue to get the annoying configuration settings,  you will need to ask Vodafone to check your account.  Follow this link for direct help and support from the Social Team Contact Us .  Alternatively, live chat can check your account.

Hi @john080347, can you check out the link here to make sure that you have the correct mobile data settings on your phone? Let us know how you get on 🙂

I have been through this SAME PROCESS several times! It's really driving me bonkers. FYI, my APN is currently set to "Vodafone Internet" with the link "wap.vofafone.co.uk". However, there is also an APN "Pay Monthly Data" with the same link. Should this be ticked instead? This is what it was originally set to, but then I kept getting these stupid messages! 

AnnS

Hi @john080347 

If you are on a pay monthly contract you need to select the correct APN, pay monthly or pp (prepaid) for PAYG.

Edited to add. @john080347  select pay monthly data and text WEB to the short code above.  This will configure your APN settings. Follow this  with  a reboot. 

Thank you all for the replies, and the last instruction seems to have stopped the messages. I will wait until I am away from home and on mobile data before knowing if it's fixed for good. But your help is much appreciated.

Sure enough, as soon as I left home this morning I received the same text from Vodafone telling me to connect to mobile data - which I ignored. More annoyingly, I have to reboot the phone before it connects to mobile data, very frustrating when using GPS in the car. I am of the opinion that it is a problem with the new phone, a Xiaomi Note 9; this never happened with my old phone. 

Hi, I have the same issue as John and when I click the link vodaphone directs me to in the text message, it first asks me to select the brand of my phone. However my brand, OnePlus, is not listed so I can't proceed. What do I do to stop the messages and be confident my data is enabled?