Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Speed Caps on third party contracts

jrw808
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Am looking at a new contract and phone, through either Mobiles.co or Carphone Warehouse. 

The details on both sites are 'sketchy' as to the actual plan you're on once signed up - i.e. is it 'basics' or 'red' or any of the other myriad of plans and from looking at them direct with VF was concerened it might be considered a 'basics' plan (therefore speed capped and can't use for roaming at all, even with the add ons). Anyway i chatted to an advisor at VF yesterday, and they indicated to me that as a 'third party' contract i'd be treated differently - i.e. 'direct with VF' customers would get priority over speed, network availability , etc etc - is that true? 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As far as speed is concerned complete nonsense @jrw808 honestly can't believe a Vodafone employee would even say such a thing.

You will see the speeds you are able to achieve on the third party site, just clock on plan details and you will see if it offers Vodafone Superfast 5G.

The benefits of going direct with Vodafone on a Evo contract are the Xtra benefits, worth a thought here: Evo 

Thank you.. yep she said "I'd be subject to speed restrictions and network availability would be given to direct customers"

Unfortunately though the third party shows a 5g contact it doesn't say "red or red extra or whatever". Just the max Gb and text allowance