Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted account incorrect

willsie18
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I had a contract the year before last and I ended it in Feb 2020 as it was over paid and I didn't need it anymore. I contacted Vodafone to end it and they informed they did and gave me my last bill date. After this, I was told to cancel my direct debit to ensure no more money would be taken post last bill date. 

6 months later I get a debt collection letter for £20! This immediately gave me a default on my credit score completely unfairly. I was not informed of the mistake they had made. No letters or efforts to contact me regarding the mistake they made were sent. I work at sea for 6 months a year too so I would not have been able to call them. 

I spoke to Vodafone and they rectified and settled the account for their mistake however, they have not removed the default on my credit file which was totally unjustified.  I cannot get a mortgage because of it. 

Please advise on. how we can fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Will.

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Evie, 

Thanks for your response. 

It has been fixed now, thanks!

Will.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Recently attempted to apply for a mortgage only to find out default account has been registered against my name.
Spoke to agent in October 2020, ended my contract and paid what I was told was my final bill. Received a sorry your leaving email and my data package ended shortly after.

Spoken to agent today who states there is an outstanding bill of £32 when I requested the bill it was sent via email, bill is dated December 2020 which makes no sense. In addition no attempt made to contact me to say that bill was outstanding. Despite having my contact details on file. 
Default has been applied after one alleged missed payment after 36 months of paying for a contract. Totally unfair and unjustified. 
Keep getting sent from pillar to post, to try and resolve no one wants to accept responsibility. Made a formal complaint still nothing. Only recourse now is to contact Financial Ombudsman to demand revoke of unfair entry. Unless anyone can advise? 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MsJ We'll be more than happy to look into this and see what options are available to us. As we'll need access to your old account to do this, pop us a DM through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. When you reach out to us our digital assistant will try to help. You can speak to us directly by selecting 'Get started' followed by 'asked to DM'. If you include your Community ID and a link to this thread in your message, this will help prevent you repeating yourself and help us to help you quicker 😊

I’ve done this, no one has responded. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can see you've contacted us publicly on Twitter in the last few minutes @MsJ. We'll need you to reach out to us privately so we can discuss your account. To do this head to our Twitter profile and tap the envelope icon ✉️ You'll then be greeted by our digital assistant. If you select the options advised in my previous message, you'll be directed through to one of our Social team and we will be able to look into this for you 👀

I’ve done that. I did that on messenger yesterday and still no one responded