Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

End of contract notice

fiveshotdon
2: Seeker

I have just spoken to vodafone customer support and been told I cannot give notice now to end my contract on the end date, but I can upgrade if I want. I was advised I have to give notice after a maximum of 30 days are left on the contract. But vodafone requires 30 days notice to end the contract.

I don't want to make an additional months payment on top the what I have agreed contractually and wanted to give plenty of notice, it seems like a very nasty tactic is being played here to prevent customers from leaving on the contractual end date as you have to call exactly 30 days before the end date.

Is this true or am I being fobbed off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @fiveshotdon  what you have been told is correct, you cannot give notice until 30 days from the end of your contract. 

What you can do is request your PAC within the last 30 days and use it to port your number to another network, that will end your contract immediately and you will be charged up to the end of your contract. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw

Hi @fiveshotdon  what you have been told is correct, you cannot give notice until 30 days from the end of your contract. 

What you can do is request your PAC within the last 30 days and use it to port your number to another network, that will end your contract immediately and you will be charged up to the end of your contract. 

BandOfBrothers

Another option is to request your number is moved to Vodafone payg but that takes 30 days also.

Or end your contract now if your not wanting to keep your number without giving 30 days and pay the early termination fee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Asi2016

Can I put the notice for my 5gb tablet plan ? 

BandOfBrothers

@Asi2016 wrote:

Can I put the notice for my 5gb tablet plan ? 

As there is no account access assistance via this forum you would need to contact customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I've also replied to the thread you've recently created.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Stewartrump

hi I wish to cancel [Removed] phone contract please

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to personal information please see Community Guidelines]