Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Evo plan issue

Shamrock_Sean
4: Newbie

Hi

I seem to have a new issue where I have taken out a new additional Evo device plan. It shows as all active and I get the Pixel 6 Pro phone tomorrow. But for some reason whenever I try to make an additional payment on My Vodafone it keeps saying error. I am aware we can make additional payments on device plans and pay it off early etc but it is not letting meScreenshot_20211027-211926.png

It's been doing this all day now,see image

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Shamrock_Sean 

I'm wondering if you'll just need to let the account fully set up and let the phone be delivered before you can do anything on the additional account.

You could try logging out and back in and or clearing any relevant cookies, data , history , app cache and data to see if that helps.

You may also need to let the first payment complete,

Customer service on 191 , Live Chat and the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM will be able to officially clarify.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

You may also find some further info in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/phone-plan 

How do I pay off my phone early?

You can make additional payments to your Phone Plan at any time, by logging into your My Vodafone account online, or by visiting the My Vodafone app and choosing Your Plans > Device Plan.

Choose to pay off some, or all of, your Phone Plan early. Once it's paid off, you can continue with your current Xtra Plan, upgrade or leave. If you choose to continue with your Xtra Plan, you'll only pay to keep connected, so your monthly payment will be lower. " 

On a side note,  nice choice of phone.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok thanks for reply I shall maybe wait a bit. I'm excited for Pixel phone yes 

@Shamrock_Sean 👋

As @BandOfBrothers has mentioned, you'll need to wait for the phone to be delivered and for the first payment to be taken, before you'd be able to make any additional payments towards your device plan 🙂 

Thanks and if I pay off device plan early which I will do can I just cancel the airtime?? Or will that be still in contract?? I have come into a bit of money so will be able to pay most of it off shortly

Just to clarify @Shamrock_Sean - from the Evo terms and conditions online

"Device plan: means a credit agreement for the duration of the plan. A Monthly Airtime Plan (i.e. Xtra Plan) is required with your Device Plan. Device Plans up to 12 months require either a 12 or 24 month Monthly Airtime Plan. Device Plans over 12  months require a 24 month Monthly Airtime Plan. You can pay off your Device Plan early, and if you do, you can then keep your Airtime Plan on a 30-day contract or leave. If your Airtime Plan ends for any reason, you will need to keep on paying your monthly Device Plan (either in full or monthly)." 

I'd recommend speaking to us via 191, so we can check your account and discuss all your options in full. 

Ah thanks for that so I can close airtime plan if I pay off device??

That's right @Shamrock_Sean - you can either move to a 30 day airtime plan or cancel it completely. 

Thanks and I sent the Pixel 6 Pro back now as it had a really bad signal issue. Tried my sim in other phone and it was fine so wasn't network in my area. Software was updated and reset too but it often only had 1 to 2 bars at best. Ordered a Galaxy S21 Ultra instead. But can anyone confirm if the making of additional payments is working or not for them?? Still isn't working for me

How are you trying to make the additional payment @Shamrock_Sean, Online, through the app, or by speaking to us via 191 from your phone?