cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed Credit check.- Has anyone ever succesfully got to the bottom of why?

Davemac1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. Applied for a pay monthly deal with vodafone through CPW.

Declined the next day because a credit check was failed. Then started the complete joke of trying to ascertain why. Contact CPW.They say contact Vodafone. Contact Vodafone. They say contact CPW. contact vodafone again.They say check credit score with Equifax. Check score with equifax.Score excellent with absolutely no issues.

Is there no way of finding the footprint of this credit check. I know one was carried out by vodafone because its on the report. What happened next is anyones guess. Did vodafone send CPW the results? Did CPW get the results but their systems somehow declined it?

Search google and it is littered with tales of credit check failures from voda from customers with excellent scores. It must me costing them a fortune in non starters! And even worse,they really dont seem to care.

20 REPLIES 20

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if Vodafone (or anybody else) has done a credit application with your work address as your home address, your credit file is ruined for 6 years. Even if you get them to take it off, the mistake will still be on your report which will cause all underwriters to decline you for everything.

This exact thing happened to my friend because the person at the bank accidentally clicked on his old address. He earns a 7 figure salary and can't get any credit at all. Worse still, the bank that made the mistake recently took away his overdraft and reduced his credit card limit from a unspeakably high limit down to £250. He's never missed a payment in his life.

To make matters worse, you could also be put on the National Hunter database, which will stop you getting credit for life.

If I was you, I'd contact a financial advisor.