cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fiddling with control data bar limiter and seems to be on all time now! (although now showing as off

JossW
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

First time poster but I recently changed my SIM only plan and played around with the control settings on the app. I thought the data bar setting would allow me to set my own limit but I see it is either on or off. While it was pending I chose to put it back to off but now I cannot access any 4G data! I spent some time on chat with Vodafone yesterday who checked their end and the data bar limit is showing as off (same here). I have tried turning it on / off again a few times (!!) but not working. Vodafone are sending me a replacement SIM card but I don’t think the card is the issue - could it be Vodafone’s end? Does something need resetting? I am flummoxed. So can only use my phone for internet when on wifi etc. which is not ideal.

thanks

Joss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Just a suggestion @JossW take a look at the online account you may be able to change the setting from there.  It sounds like you may have accidentally turned off data access rather than the cap, and it should be simple enough for Vodafone to turn your data back on.

To mention data is automatically capped and if you have a limited monthly allowance it will be impossible to go over without purchasing extra data.

If you are still unable to access data tomorrow morning, drop the Social Team a message through social channels here Contact Us 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Just a suggestion @JossW take a look at the online account you may be able to change the setting from there.  It sounds like you may have accidentally turned off data access rather than the cap, and it should be simple enough for Vodafone to turn your data back on.

To mention data is automatically capped and if you have a limited monthly allowance it will be impossible to go over without purchasing extra data.

If you are still unable to access data tomorrow morning, drop the Social Team a message through social channels here Contact Us 

Thanks - I think it is now sorted. I toggled on / off numerous times and checked the app was consistent with what was showing online outside the app.. I am never touching it again 😂

Hi Joss, 

I am having the same problem, it shows it’s off with Vodafone but I’m still not getting any data. Did you just keep switching it off on the app and how long did it take? 

I am also having the same problem. I was playing around with my controls on Vodafone app and I turned on the Data Bar, I've logged on and turned it back off but now I cannot access any data at all. 

Has yours been sorted yet? Any help welcomed! 

Thanks 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hja1994 - if it's not allowing you to remove this still, please get in touch with us on Social Media and we'll take a look.