Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flexible upgrade from sim-monthly contract

glanew22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

hopefully someone can help. I set up a sim-only contract (12 month) on the 17th december 18. On the 14th of June I upgraded to a 24 month phone contract using the flexible upgrade option, where the remaining months of the contract should be written off. Sadly it looks like when the contract was set up the remaining months of the contract were simply added onto the new contract, rather than having the remaining months written off.

I've been trying to talk to customer service to get the issue rectified but I'm not getting anywhere, as they keep saying remaining time gets added onto contracts when upgrading early, and that their computers do not lie. Anyone has any suggestions on what can be done? I have even found press releases on the vodafone website clearly explaining how the system works, but they say that they cannot access external Urls. 

thanks for your help 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @glanew22 

I don't think Vodafone “ write off” the remaining contract.

They do offer a Flexi upgrade to which the information is in What-s-a-Flexi-upgrade-and-how-do-I-get-one. 

“ Does it cost anything? 

To get a Flexi-upgrade, you’ll need to pay an Early Termination Fee (ETF). What your ETF costs depends on how far you are into your current plan.  ”

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can access your account to check if.you contact them via Facebook or Twitter.  Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks @bandofbrothers,

this is about a flexible upgrade, rather than flexi. there used to be a description of the difference on the vodafone website, which has now been deleted but can still be seen on some forum pages. 

see below for what I mean. this was definitely still advertised in 2018 when I took out the contract

https://newscentre.vodafone.co.uk/press-release/vodafone-uk-launches-flexible-upgrades-on-sim-only/

BandOfBrothers

Would you let us know what the Social Media Team's advise you then @glanew22 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did, thanks! now waiting. I actually realised that I had contacted the facebook team (found a message) as soon as I had received the contract, as the contract date did not make any sense, and they replied the following:  "I can see from your account you took your upgrade out on 13 June 2019, your contract will end on 13 Jun 2021. It looks like your confirmation you received was an error." Yet, the app or any advisors always stated the wrong date. Hopefully, that's going to be enough proof from the social media team to sort out the issue. thanks!