Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forced switch to new plan

malin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

I've received a text message yesterday that my current plan is being closed and I'm being moved to a new one.

I'm currently on £8 a month with unlimited minutes/texts and 9GB data, the new plan included only 1GB of data, in what world is this acceptable?

I joined through a uswitch exclusive offer 6 months ago and there's nothing in the contract that says it's a time limited offer or Vodafone will force me to switch to a much worse contract mid way through

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @malin 

At a guess you are on a Vodafone Basics plan through the affiliate uswitch.  I would imagine this may be due to an issue with Vodafone Basic's and are therefore migrating customers to a plan direct with the network.

If you follow this link the Social Team will help : Contact the Social Team 

hrym

That would be worth doing.   I was switched to a new plan a couple of years back, but was given a discount (time-limited) so that I was actually paying slightly less for slightly more.   £8 for 9gb is incredibly good value and it may be that it can no longer be matched, but it's worth asking.

That's the appeal of switching, I wouldn't have done it otherwise and to take it away in the middle of the contract is out of order

Can't get through to CS on the phone and no one's responding on twitter, typical

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@malin Sorry for the delay in reaching your messages! I can see we've since responded to your Facebook message, so to avoid any confusion I've closed your Twitter DMs to us - if we can help with anything else, please reply back to our latest message and we'll be happy to answer any further questions.

Hi Tash

That's fine, tyvm