cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting that final bill just doesn't quite work properly!

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

So thanks to only being offered uncompetitive contract rates for my mobile, I left Vodafone (as soon as I left I had the offer to stay at my previous rate - too late!).  However, easy access to billing seems to get withdrawn before the final bill is ever issued.  So access via the "My Vodafone" and "MyVodafone Account" apps no longer works.  Accessing the account via the web, can be difficult as different links seem to work differently.  When I finally managed to get to the account dashboard, going straight to billing doesn't work - it takes me to a blank page.  Instead, I had to go to another page first (settings) which pulls up an error about there being no active account, but at least now the link to billing works!  It's no wonder that people get into trouble with their last bill, but at least - if the info I've seen is correct - Vodafone actually owes me money.

*I'll quite possibly switch back to Vodafone Broadband when my current BT deal expires, I might even bring my mobile back if offered a better deal than I'm currently on, but billing definitely needs an overhaul!

2 REPLIES 2

Jason

Hi @CrimsonLiar. Thank you for your feedback and findings. I've submitted this as feedback to the dedicated team, who work on implementing and improving processes - both new and existing. We completely understand the importance of a clear and straightforward journey, especially when it comes to account billing. As you've touched on, without being able to view your final bill, this can have a major knock-on effect down the road - especially for those who don't have a Direct Debit set up, or have cancelled it. If you've like us to confirm your final bill and break it down, our Social Media team are just a click away.

CrimsonLiar

I have already attempted to speak to someone, and was promised a call back.  Which obviously did not happen.  Based on the automated text detailing the smallish early exit fee I was expecting, I think the final bill is probably incorrect - in my favour!  So I won't be cancelling the Direct Debit, but I've set an alert to notify me when future payments are taken!