Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Imported number incorrectly

KN
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I was switching from 02 to Vodafone on Tuesday and I purchased my new phone and contract through the carphone warehouse , but my telephone number has been imported to some one else as my friends have tried messaging my number and some one else is replying saying he is not me and Vodafone has messed up his import, also I have no phone service now for 3 days but still getting internet through 02 , I phone up Vodafone and they said they cannot find any account details from me , even though I received a text message from them on Sunday before the switch explaining how much my bill would be for, I then spoke to carphone warehouse they said they got an error message saying import has failed and they also hadn't registered my account and they would be raising the query with Vodafone and it could take up to 72 hours to fix the issue so that will be having no home line for nearly a week ,but still paying for the, contract , any advice would be great on how to resolve this issue but also how can this happen , not a great start when your switching to a new provider 

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You are entitled to make a complaint to Carphone, someone has been careless and have not only messed up your port but succeeded is messing up someone else's by getting the PACs mixed up.  This is going to take a lot of unravelling, and Carphone will need to go back and get the correct PACs submitted. to the correct accounts.

You can try asking the Social Team, they may be able to help here Contact Us 

Thank you  for the info really appreciated, carphone warehouse have said that Vodafone are at fault as they have given correct details , really not sure who to believe the voda fone SIM is now saying not provisioned and now the number is out of service , so we're see if this a start of someone fixing the issue , hopefully someone takes responsibility of the mistake and I get compensated as getting charged from Tuesday and still no service

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

At least you now know never to port a number with a new contract and provider. Always get it set up first and test it works before providing a PAC.

You purchased via CPW so they are the ones that need to sort it out. They may blame Vodafone and both are quite useless, but until Vodafone set up your account correctly there's not a lot you can do as you can't contact them about it yet.