Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Billing...

ianfletcher
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

since the middle of last week I have started seeing calls appear on my vodafone app with a code 113092 - the calls are being charged at £3 per minute - I am calling UK numbers and when the calls show up they are being billed at astronomical rates. I have had 8 calls with vodafone about it and they keep telling me it is a technical hitch and they have resolved it. Today I have been blocked as going over-spend again - the bill for calling vodafone on my mobile last night came to over £300!! even though I was ringing 07836 191191 yet on my app it shows as 1130927836191. My phone is blocked, I can' make calls out or receive them and the online vodafone chat says I need to pay the bill now to remove the restrictions... I don't know how to resolve! Vodafone are being useless.. and keep telling me not to worry!

14 REPLIES 14

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ianfletcher 

This is a strange one and it's going to need account access.  Speak to the Social Team by following this link and they will investigate the problem:  Contact the Social Team 

Thanks Ann, appreciated. I am pulling my hair out (not a lot anyway!), I have already posted on their social page with a screenshot of the calls from yesterday - I called 07836 191191 and the bill shows I called 113092447836191 - I call although the bill breaks it down into 4 segments - to call them was £301 yesterday! I have spoken to them again today and they still haven't called me back - they told me an hour, I have spoken to them 8 times since last Friday and am losing the will to live! 

PS the social site says they will send me a text - Vodafone have barred all calls, incoming and outgoing - all texts and all data usage . until I pay 50% of the bill - for calls that I made to them. They acknowledged responsibility last night and have text me notifying me that they will refund previous calls and offer £20 in compensation - but today they have blocked me as I called them and spent £300 on the call to them! So now I can't even talk to them! Ouch - confused.com....

AnnS

It's crazy @ianfletcher I would have thought Vodafone could at least lift the restriction for you to receive the verification text, it might be worth sending a further DM making the Social Team aware of the problem.

Fingers crossed, the Team will pick this up tomorrow morning. 

Thanks Ann, appreciate the advice, going to have a sleepless night trying to work out what is going on! I have sent a few messages to the site and a screenshot of what is on my app.... 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for dropping us a message on social media @ianfletcher! It sounds like you received an automated message from our BOT advising that we may send you a 4 digit code. You may still be able to receive this from us if their are restrictions active on your number. If for any reason this isn't possible, we'll complete security through our alternative options to resolve this for you 👍

As I've not been able to locate your messages to us from your Community username or link to your thread here, please ensure these are included in your messages to us. You then won't need to repeat your query if you've not yet expanded on this via social media 🙂

Hi Tash, thank you. When I clicked the link yesterday it took me to a vodafone page - and I had already posted on that - I sent through a copy of my vodafone app bill and had a message back late last night from someone called Callum, who asked for more details - unfortunately that came through around midnight - I have responded to the message with more explanation again this morning but the messages have not been read yet from what I can see. Have I done something wrong? Many thanks in advance for your time - I am very worried and panicked over this now - £301 bill to Vodafone for a call I made on Wednesday evening! From my mobile to them - on 0044 7836 1919 191 - they rectified the issue and then blocked me again yesterday because I spent £301, but it was through calling them. I am totally stunned as to what is going on. If I have done something wrong then let me know and I will start the process again, many thanks Ian

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're more than welcome @ianfletcher and I'm sorry to hear we've not yet responded to your latest message. As you've reached my colleague and you had a reply from us, we'll have received your messages successfully 🙂 There can sometimes be a delay in us responding to your messages however please be assured we'll investigate the calls and charges, and we'll ensure this is fully resolved for you.

Thanks Tash, I supplied the initial information through the service last night, but because my internet is blocked I can only use the service when I have wi-fi and am at home, so I think there is a major delay in the trading of messages, I got as far as supplying my pin number etc. I am also in touch with vodafone customer services - but once again I am reliant on them calling me while I am at home as they can't call me on my mobile as they have blocked it from receiving calls - which all seems so bizarre. I am just hoping that someone will go "we have got it, we understand what is happening and this is how to fix it!" The money is one thing, the bigger concern is "what is actually happening"! Thank you for your support and advice and I will let you know how I get on - Regards Ian Fletcher