Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM-only deals

dcollins2030
2: Seeker

Hi.  I need help switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM only deals.

I came across this page: How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk)

I followed the link in the Pay as you go to pay monthly (SIM only) which took me here: section https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/

I found the package I wanted - 4GB on a 12 month contract @£11p/m

I selected choose plan which took me to the migration page here: Migration Form (vodafone.co.uk) , I completed and submitted the form.

I then received a confirmation email from vodafone customer care team stating I would hear back with 48 hours once a credit check had been carried out.

Now a week later I'm still waiting to hear back and not sure who to call.  I called the pay monthly new connections team who told me this was not a package they could sell me but that they could sell me a package similar but 40% more expensive....the guy I spoke with told me the deal I had selected was a 3rd party deal.  I asked him who could help me and all he could say is I need to speak with the 3rd party.  Given there was no mention of any 3rd party involvement I don't know who to speak with.

Any advice welcome.

20 REPLIES 20

hrym
17: Community Champion

I still suspect that this is really intended for people wanting to switch from one PAYM tarriff to another and that the system has failed to pick you up for that reason - you don't have an existing account.   I've asked the forum team to have a look and provide a definitive answer, so I think we need to hang on for that.

All that said, if you're an existing PAYM customer looking for a new/loyalty deal, this could be very handy to know about.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @dcollins2030 - Thank you for your patience with us while we verified this. I have confirmed that the link for the Migration Form is genuine and is for Pay as you Go customers to move to a Pay Monthly (SIM Only) contract with exclusive offers.

Before completing the form, please make sure you have registered your Pay as you Go account on your My Vodafone account, as an anonymous Pay as you Go account wouldn't be accepted for a Pay Monthly deal.

If would like for our team to take a close look into your account and any issues you are having with the form please don't hesitate to contact us on social media via the links provided above by our Community Champions 😊 

Thank you Evie.  In the end I gave up on this deal and found another (better/cheaper) offer.  However, a couple of points you may wish to follow up on.

1. The PAYM new connections/sales team didn't want anything to do with this offer - they were only interested in selling me those offers on the vodafone/mobile/best sim only deals which were more expensive.  Maybe they need updating/training

2. The page I used to link to the offer page (How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk)) provides a chat button which doesn't work.

3. There's clearly something wrong with the process behind this page as demonstrated by the week long wait for any response and when it came, the invalid response that my credit check failed.  The new offer I selected came back within an hour or two without any issues on my credit level - which is indeed correct.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and those others who took the time to help.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you've ended up taking out a deal elsewhere @dcollins2030 but I do understand.

Absolutely, I'll pass on each of your comments to a member of team who work on the processes behind the scenes. 

1) This isn't the experience we would want for any of our customers, especially when taking out a new deal should be exciting! If you would like this directly fed back to agents and managers please drop us a message on social media

2) Just so I can give them as much information as possible, when you select the 'Chat to an adviser' button, does it just not load or do you get taken to a different page?

3) I will mention that the agreed time frame on the form isn't met and that will be looked into as well

If you do ever feel like rejoining us here, we'd welcome you back with open arms

Hi Evie - thanks for responding to the various points.  It's nice to find someone being diligent at Vodafone. 

When I clicked on the chat button nothing happened.  I have just revisited the page and now a chat box opens up.

Regards David

AnnS

Hi @dcollins2030 

It looks like you are going through an affiliate website and not directly through the Vodafone website, this means the credit check would have been initiated by the affiliate site and you are going to need to contact the affiliate site for any enquiries. 

If you deal direct with Vodafone and change from PAYG to pay monthly, you follow this link: Keep My Number 

However, there is nothing stopping you from taking the contract with a different number from the affiliate and completing the form on the link above to move your PAYG number to the new contract.

Thanks https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/952.  The URLs were all Vodafone and the confirmation email came from Vodafone but without any contact number or email address.  How do I find the who is the affiliate and therefore how my request is progressing?

AnnS

I honestly don't understand how you got to those links @dcollins2030  The SIM only Vodafone deals are here: SIM only it's not a surprise the advisor thought it was a third party deal and was unable to sell the contract.

The best thing to do is to start a web chat or call Vodafone, they will be able to at least find out what has happened to the credit check and recommend a SIM only package.  The Social Team will be able to give some help but they are not a sales channel.

Hi @AnnS - I reached the offers from here How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk) having searched on a serach engine (Bing).

The webchat on the offers page doesn't work.  Can you suggest which team I chat with and from where I start a chat?

Thanks

Chum

This problem with the web site still exists. I've just fallen into the same trap.

I went to the page to change from PAYG to pay monthly. There were a couple of £10 plans there, so I chose one of those. Got the confirmation email saying my application had been received and I would hear back in 48 hours.

Then nothing. So I went back in two days later and clicked the chat button. The chat person said they hadn't received any application. So I pasted in the text from the confirmation letter, which said I'd applied for a £10 plan. He still said no application had been received, but he could set it up for me. He confirmed back to me that it would be £10, so he had definitely seen what the price was supposed to be.

He then took all my details and set it all up. Then once it was done he said the monthly amount would be £11 and next month it would increase by 14.4%, I think that will make it £12.58. I asked him why £11 when the plan was going to be £10, and he said it was £11 including the VAT. That makes no sense, the £10 was supposed to include the VAT, and VAT isn't 10% anyhow.

So what to do now? Cancel the incorrect contract and start again? Contacting customer services has just make the situation into a mess.