Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM-only deals

dcollins2030
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.  I need help switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM only deals.

I came across this page: How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk)

I followed the link in the Pay as you go to pay monthly (SIM only) which took me here: section https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/

I found the package I wanted - 4GB on a 12 month contract @£11p/m

I selected choose plan which took me to the migration page here: Migration Form (vodafone.co.uk) , I completed and submitted the form.

I then received a confirmation email from vodafone customer care team stating I would hear back with 48 hours once a credit check had been carried out.

Now a week later I'm still waiting to hear back and not sure who to call.  I called the pay monthly new connections team who told me this was not a package they could sell me but that they could sell me a package similar but 40% more expensive....the guy I spoke with told me the deal I had selected was a 3rd party deal.  I asked him who could help me and all he could say is I need to speak with the 3rd party.  Given there was no mention of any 3rd party involvement I don't know who to speak with.

Any advice welcome.

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Was the deal on a 3rd party website @dcollins2030  ?

Can you link to it ?

If it is then if Vodafone won't match it then you would need to take the deal through the 3rd party website and once accepted by them you could then after getting everything activated ask Vodafone to move your Payg number onto the contract.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will also be able to guide and advise you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi.  @BandOfBrothers. The deal was posted a vodafone URL https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/ but despite this I have been told it is a 3rd party deal.  I just don't know how to follow-up/check progress.

I would challenge what you've been told by ringing 191 or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's @dcollins2030 

Unless I'm looking at this wrong this looks to be a Vodafone UK site thus Vodafone deal for existing customers. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers - that's how I read it too.  If it's an affiliate then I would have expected to see some acknowledgement of this or be taken to an affiliate site.  

hrym

I've had a look and those are definitely Vodafone offers.   Exactly who they're pitched to isn't clear, but I think they may be meant for people who currently have a device-inclusive contract and want to go SIM-only.  They're fantasically good value and I assume meant to keep those people in the Vodafone fold.

I'm not sure whether a PAYG customer would qualify, but they certainly don't seem to be excluded - the question is whether the network would recognise you as a customer in the sense of having an account (which I think may be what's meant).

It's possible the reason you haven't heard back is precisely because you're not currently a PAYM customer.

I'm going to refer this upwards for a definitive answer.

Thanks.  Just an update on my part.  Having waited 240 hours instead of the 48 hrs max it states for a response to my form submission I have just received an email notifying me my credit check has failed and to go to Experian for my credit score.  I did this and my credit score is 999 out of 999. Vodafone just don't want my custom do they.

AnnS

Hi @dcollins2030 

This is also an identity check. 

Vodafone also take into consideration the time at your present address and it's important to be on the electoral roll at the address. 

Hi @AnnS - 21 years at my current address and yes I am on the electoral role - it feels a little odd.

Thanks anyway

AnnS

Indeed very strange and annoying @dcollins2030 .  I am wondering if the identity and credit check was even done correctly, you have a perfect credit score with above average credit rating. The check was probably done from a computer and the computer came back with a NO, the check needs to be done manually. The problem now is you need to wait for 3 months before applying again.

Speak to the Social Team, if anyone will get to the bottom of this they are the Team to speak to, they may even be able to put you in contact with the Credit Team.  I know you have the link but it's here: Contact Us