Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Money-Grabbing End of contract Concerns

paulkingnotting
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I rang Vodaphone on the 14th November to cancel my contract, fully one month before my contract ended. I was told to ring on the 15th December, and that I did not have to ring a month in advance. When I rang on the 1th December I was told i did not have to cancel the contract and that it would be cancelled automatically when my sim was registered with another company.

On the 26th December Vodaphone swiped another month payment of £26 to cover the period of 15th December to 15 January 2021. 

What sort of money grabbing con is it to not allow someone to close their contract after asking to twicwe, and them charging them another month's line rental?

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @paulkingnotting 

If you received your PAC by texting PAC followed by your PIN to 65075 from the information hereCancel Account  as soon as the code was used to move the number to an alternative network providing you were out of contract this would have immediately cancelled the account and there would have been no further charges. If you did not want to keep the number there is the option of  a STAC code. 

If you have been charged a further month, after using the PAC and moving the number out of Vodafone to an alternative network, this was probably due to your billing date but no need to worry, providing you haven't cancelled the direct debit any overpayment will be repaid and credited back direct to your bank.  When an account is cancelled, Vodafone will issue two further bills, when you receive the final and last 0.00 bill, this will be your confirmation of the account being fully closed.

If you need clarification, the Social Team will be able to address all issues from here: Contact Us