Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Monthly contract - upgraded to new contract but overcharged

Rents78
4: Newbie

Hi,

I was on a monthly plan at £ 19.68 a month. My billing period is 21th on each month to 20th of the next month. Last charge was for the period 21/11-20/12 and it was £19.68.

On 4/12 I moved to a new plan, at £36 a month.

Regardless of how things are done, I should never pay in any given bill more than £36 (the month I was transferred I should pay a portion of 19.68 and a portion of £36. Hence less than £36.

Instead I got charged £45 between 20/12 and 20/01.

And the next month £36, from 21/1 to 20/2.

Vodafone can you please explain why I was charged £45 the month of the switch?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rents78

When you upgrade you are put onto the new tariff immediately.  To bring you in line with the new tariff and billing date, this means you will be charged a proportion of the new line rental up to the billing date, plus one full months line rental in advance for the new tariff. There should also be a credit on the bill for line rental paid in advance prior to upgrading.  

If you still need clarification  live chat or CS will go through the bill and charges with you.

Thanks for your answer,

I understand that when I upgraded I was put onto the new tariff immediately.

That month on the bill I found:

A- credit for line rental paid in advance prior to upgrading

B - a charge for a proportion of the new line rental up to the billing date,

C- plus one full months line rental in advance for the new tariff (£36)

My problem is exactly with element "C".

On the first bill under the new tariff I have £36 for the new plan for 21/12 to 20/1.

Then this was charged again - £36 - from 21/12 to 20/1. Hence twice for the same month.

Please see attached screenshot.

Many thanks for the support. 

Image.jpeg

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd be happy to run through the charges on your bill @Rents78.  It’s most unusual to be changed twice in this way. If there's been any mistake made here, we'll certainly sort it out for you.

We'll need to access your account for this so I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair