Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New pay monthly doesn't have temporary number

anon87654
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've signed up for a new vodafone pay monthly contract, and provided a PAC when I ordered.

I received the new sim yesterday, and when I make outgoing calls, it shows the number that I am porting.

However, when I dial the number, it still goes to my old sim card, so the transfer hasn't completed. When I try to register with my vodafone, it doesn't recognise the new number, and when I tried live chat, the agent couldn't find the new number in their system.

In the past, I have had a temporary number for a few days before the transfer completed, but in this case, there is no temporary number on any of the paperwork or the simcard, and outgoing calls already show the new number.

How can I get the transfer to be completed, so that I can register for my vodafone and receive calls on the new sim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @anon87654 

As you provided your PAC you wouldn't have been given a temporary number. From  what you have written porting is in process and will be completed later today. 

When the number is fully live on the network you will be able to set up your online account and download the application but until you have received the first bill with some billing information there won't be anything to view.

There is further information from the website but replying from my phone makes them difficult to attach.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @anon87654 

As you provided your PAC you wouldn't have been given a temporary number. From  what you have written porting is in process and will be completed later today. 

When the number is fully live on the network you will be able to set up your online account and download the application but until you have received the first bill with some billing information there won't be anything to view.

There is further information from the website but replying from my phone makes them difficult to attach.

anon87654

Hi @AnnS

The port has completed today, and I am able to register for a My Vodafone account with the number I have ported.

I want to add the number to my existing My Vodafone account (I already have Vodafone broadband). But I can only see an option to create a new My Vodafone account. How can I add the new pay monthly contract to my existing My Vodafone account?

I have now filled out the form to transfer accounts to combine the broadband and pay monthly sim.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @anon87654 - it can take up to 2 working days for this to complete for you and we'll keep you updated on its status via email/text. If you have any further questions for us, you know where to find us 😊