Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone and plan - swapping

DeliaR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello!  I have an old pay monthly plan with Vodafone that I use with my own phone.  I have just bought a Samsung galaxy phone (through Samsung) and a better monthly Vodafone plan.  I want to keep my same phone number.  The new phone arrived today, with a new SIM and new phone number (in the box).  When I log in to My Vodafone, it's only showing my old plan.  So, I want to stop the old plan, and transfer the old number / SIM to my new phone, and be able to see my new plan on My Vodafone!  

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Delia

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @DeliaR

Vodafone will advise you to put the previous number on PAYG, the problem is this takes 30 days to complete,  follow this link where you will be directed to an advisor. Keep My Number 

The quicker way is to request a PAC for the previous number, port the number out to any other network, when the number moves, repeat the process with the new provider and PAC back in on the new contract, this will take no longer than 48 hours to complete and you get the number you want to keep on the same online account.

Asking the question in the forum search facility above will bring up some previous threads with the same question on keeping the number from a third party.

Thank-you Ann, apologies for not replying earlier.  This is very helpful.  I have gone the '30 days' route.

Cheers,

Delia

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As well as the PAC-OUT-IN switcheroo, you also seem to have two accounts? It may be worth asking Vodafone to move your new number to your old account, and that way it keeps all your account history which may be worth something when you try and negotiate a deal later and they see you have been a customer for a while.

Or it may not help and you will get fed up with Vodafone not having a clue how to actually do this and they screw it up and wish you hadn't started. It's up to you.

Thank-you so much for your reply!  I really appreciate the help.  It seems so bizarre there are all these hoops to jump through for what seems a simple thing..... Oh well.

Cheers,

Delia